Thread: Cannot install Arma 2 Reinforcments Patch 1.59

Cannot install Arma 2 Reinforcments Patch 1.59

Recently I have installed the ArmA 2 in my Windows server 2003, 64 bit computer. The game is capable to run in this computer. Now I have got a latest patch for this game and that is of version 1.57. This patch was installed in the computer properly. Then I tried to install another new patch that is of version 1.59. The problem is it cannot install in the server. No matter what I do it just it keeps on showing me a message like " ArmA 2 OA is not installed on your PC otherwise the installed version is incorrect". What should do now? How can I install this patch?

Re: Cannot install Arma 2 Reinforcments Patch 1.59

The identical trouble has happened a few times back while I installed Arma II on a laptop through a slower HDD. This error message appears to be made while the timestamp of the PBO as well as BISIGN file be different (e.g. one having 12:01 and the additional 12:02). While the application of the patch kept fading on dissimilar files, I ultimately resolved it by constantly copying files to a support and reapplying the patch repeatedly whereas restoring preceding versions till lastly all the balancing files occured to have equal timestamps.

What edition was your Arma 2 following you installed it? Begin the arma2.exe and gaze at the major menu screen base right to discover the edition you are running. I believe, except I cannot be confident of it, Sprocket previously gave you the 1.09 edition while you downloaded the game. Therefore additional tips which may assist: First of all Launch Arma 2 at any rate one time prior to installing Arma 2: OA otherwise Run as administrator. Now try to install the patch.

I think that the server is not recognizing the patch. As you know that the pc games are not perfect if you run them on the server operating system. Have tried to install the same patch in Windows 7 or Windows vista? First of all see that whether game is compatible to run in that operating system. if not then you cannot able to install the patch to it either. How did you install the previous patch for this game? Have you tried the same method at this time?

From where you have downloaded the patch? Have you downloaded the patch from the official site? If you have downloaded the patch from some third website like torrent then that patch could be wrong file or might be a corrupted file. I heard that there are different versions of ArmA 2 game available in the market. You need to find out which version of game you have installed. After that find that proper patch for the game. I hope that now you will be able to find the way to install the patch properly.

It seems to me that the windows serve 2003 is not allowing you to install the patch. Otherwise some applications or programs in the server are restricting the game from updating it. While installing the patch make sure to disconnect the internet connection from the system. It may help you to install the game properly. Also disable the antivirus or any kind of security program at that moment. The serve OS is not the best option to play the game either in system or in steam. It would be better if you switch back to Windows 7 or vista.