Thread: More realistic machine gun tracers in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

More realistic machine gun tracers in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

I for myself believe that the machine gun tracers appear a slight forged, excessively 'straight and laser-like" if you will. I've seen those aged World War 2 gun camera recording on YouTube, and the tracers for all time appear "twisting" as well as "turning" worms like they curve headed for the aim. Might we anticipate further sensible looking tracers in the upcoming? That’s why I love call of Duty. There the gun looks very much realistic and there is no doubt about that. I am just telling my opinion.

Re: More realistic machine gun tracers in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

If you are truthful in your query, it’s been clarified frequently in these boards that the twisted consequence is as a result of camera tremble on the plane. You don’t observe the twisted, and your eyes don’t distinguish similar to a camera. In a matter of minutes somebody will give you that explanation of this, however you are incorrect. No wavy outcome must be seen, the merely obsession I think is mistaken is the tracers are excessively chunky.

The dissimilarity is, pace at which the camera record images, responsiveness of the pictures, moment of exhibition (known by momentum of footage), and the truth the camera is build up on a stirring, vibrating frame. Countless issues that have not anything to do by means of the genuine tracers. Cameras can notice the bullets firing as lasers, except our eye doesn't. To the extent that I can memorize, tracers looked just similar to small color lights soaring extremely quick toward the target, it lasted extremely short instance, below a second.

I've observed tracers from 120mm, 25mm, .50, 7.62, as well as 5.56 fired in battle. Tracer fire, particularly from machine guns, appears a point of glow stirring left from you while viewed from at the back. At a slanted viewpoint, the tracer CAN have a small "laser" gaze to the eye, except not as spectacular as COD. The tracers in COD are excessively huge and bright for practical machine gun fire in the daylight. They are further envoy of 120mm tank rounds and perhaps 25mm sequence gun rounds. The extended "laser" like look of them is too strange, in that it is precise from a camera's viewpoint except not accurate for how the eye witness them.

One may perhaps quarrel that the pilot's skull within the cockpit shakes since the planes moves and the guns are fired up; thus he may perhaps observe shaky tracers as well, except perhaps this consequence is little and can be deserted (don't know in fact). I'm all right with the tracers like they are, except I don't like the crash upshot on planes, otherwise to be further accurate the lack of them. In the entire gun camera that i noticed, hits where extremely obviously noticeable with flashes, pursued by dirt and wreckage flying off the aircraft.

I have seen numerous replies to this tracers subjects (countless have been formed) from people that has essentially fired tracers, and several of them have small dissimilar awareness of what they saw, thus i visualize that still dissimilar eyes - brains perceive tracers in dissimilar ways. Therefore I believe the conclusion is that representation of tracers within COD is faithful as much as necessary. One more motivating finale is that people must carry out a slight hunt on the forum previous to posting regarding stuff that have been mainly debated in numerous threads.