Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover-Disable items in your MSCONFIG to increase performance

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover-Disable items in your MSCONFIG to increase performance

I would tell you how to increase the performance while playing the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. For this you need to hit the start button on your explorer, and type msconfig. After that hit the services tab and hit the hide all Microsoft services tab. Then disable all of those that remain. After that hit the startup tab and disable everything. This will increase the performance while playing the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. So you can all check out this a solution as I am sure it will help you a lot while playing the game.

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover-Disable items in your MSCONFIG to increase performance

I just had a look at the solution that you have put up to increase performance and I feel that this is really a very nice work that you have done. I would say that if this works then it is only further proof that this game is seriously flawed and would be in need of optimization. Also I would say that in today’s world of 4to 16 GB of RAM it is just not needed. So I would say that this is something nice that you have put up but I am not very sure that how many people are going to use these solutions to increase the performance.

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover-Disable items in your MSCONFIG to increase performance

I agree with the solution that is being provided earlier and would say that if you are playing online and you are running applications that use bandwidth then I would personally recommend closing those. As I feel that this will be a proper solution that will help you to fix the issue and will definitely increase the performance. But even I feel that in today’s world of 4to 16 GB of RAM it is just not needed.But it’s a nice gesture that this is something nice that you have put up but not quite sure now many are going to use this.

Even I went through the solution that you have put up and would say that this is an old trick that is being used and that is the clean boot. However, if you use this then certain services you may want or need you may turn off and they will need to be turned back on later. So I guess that this is a kind of drawback with this process. Also I would say that it is an excellent way to learn what is really running at start up. So according to me with this solution there are quite a few drawback as well as some plus points as well. But I would say that it all depend on the users whether to go for such solutions or not.

Yes I do completely agree with what is being said out there. I would say that the coupling process that you will come across while executing this process will help you to learn more things. Also along that it will help your administrative tools as well as the services selectively make some items a manual start. And this makes the others disabled and you can really clean up how your system runs considerably. So this is what I feel about the process that you have put up and would actually appreciate you for this process.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided as they have helped me a lot. I think that this is something that might help you a lot even though you feel that this is not of greater importance. Disable items in your MSCONFIG to increase performance is something that is very important according to me. But still I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided as they show that there are many people who play this game and love this game as I do.