Thread: CE Map Errors in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

CE Map Errors in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

The CE map (or chart) is a pleasant to include except I considerate it may be significance pointing out several errors which may perhaps be deceptive/puzzling. Finally, it can simply be a fine obsession to obtain equipment as precise and sensible as probable in our 'game'. I'm not anticipating the map to be redone; I just expect this is obliging information to anybody who utilizing the map. A number of airfields are patent in the correct position except with the incorrect name. Several that are noticeable, I'm not completely convinced there were forever airfields there. I hope that this information would be helpful for you.

Re: CE Map Errors in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

Yes I have also noticed some confusing things in the map of game called IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover. The airfield exposed on top of the Isle of Wight (the little island just off coast from Portsmouth) is essentially Bembridge, not Sandown. Sandown airfield is further towards the middle of the island, and is not exposed. The airfield revealed like Tangmere is essentially RAF Ford. The definite Tangmere is not publicized. The airfield made known like Wilmington not at all existed. There is a town named Willingdon there, except no airfield. Maybe there was an urgent situation band there? I don't make out.

I don't appreciate the short of of Manston (is that what Margate is believed to be?) and seeing as while was Calais's restricted airfield named Boulogne (not to be puzzled with Boulogne’s local airfield of the identical name)? It's pretty deprived work, each and every one of things measured, particularly since 10 minutes through Google may perhaps have corrected most of the errors. Does not motivate self-assurance in the QA procedure and suggests – probably by mistake attitude.

The airfield pointed like Ramsgate is certainly Manston. Except the most pathetic bit is spotting the city of Ramsgate as Reading and Reading is in excess of 100 miles away toward the west of London. To be reasonable while, there is a road namedd 'Reading Street' in close to Broadstairs. Even as we are into this bend of Kent, the enjoyment carries on. The airfield by the side of Canterbury just doesn't be real. The airfield called Lympne is essentially Hawkinge and the airfield named Littlestone is in fact Lympne.

OK on first examination of the map in FMB, Manston is further or less ok, except ramsgate airfield is a enormous paved landing strip which is a big 'NO', ramsgate community airport was at all times a tiny grass field, the airfield named as Maidstone would almost certainly be West Malling, and there is no symbol of Detling, and that willingdon airfield 'is' furthermore on the task map, thus there is several 'fixing' required on the Map.

I'm not overwhelmed by means of the CE map, and the in game chart isn't much improved. The IL-2 1946 ingame map is much improved for navigational reasons in regards to subsequent roads. Optimistically the ingame map will be enhanced except I'm not holding my breathing like there are a countless of additional things to repair. That said I at rest discover the sim amusing still with its entire burdens.