Thread: Is it possible to run IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in DX10?

Is it possible to run IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in DX10?

I am with Windows 7 Pro x64 on top of an ATI 5870 so there is no problem I am capable of go to 11. Nevertheless as soon as I launch the game all the way through Steam Fraps is viewing that I am running within DX9. I had a rapid poke during the configs however I am unable to observe whatever thing that jumps out on me i6n so far as that depart. Please help me to solve this problem. I am waiting for your replies. Thank you.

Re: Is it possible to run IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in DX10?

Hello I am playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dove from last 3 months. And I am having this similar kind of problem. Can anyone please tell me; is it possible to run this game on DX10? Because whenever I am trying this it shows me that it’s running on DX9. So I am not able to understand why it’s showing me like this. Please help me to understand this problem. I try to find about this on internet but no success please help me. All replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Hello according to me you both have to confirm whether the conf.ini from your 'My Documents folder which contain 1C SoftClub-il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder and from that this folder contain following line in the window section.
    Render = D3D10.
    If instead of this if it’s showing D3D9 then you have to change it to D3D10. But it will work only when you switched of the cloud property from the game in steam.

Well at the present you guys are presently making it confusing. Luthier stated it ran superior in DX10, very well. however I be acquainted with mine is running within DX9 not considering to whether the config file says it is in 10.It sprint "okay" on the entire medium used for me other than still approximating to be positive I am receiving the most excellent performance I am able to as we all recognize all small bit at this position helps.

Have you tried altering the DX version conf.ini file within your / documents/1cSoftClub/Il-2 Sturmovik / folder? Not sure, but I think the game looks there first. I noticed this with the skins; you get that occur in the game if you add in the skin folder in the documents. Please make these changes quickly. I am sure it will work, because I was facing this same problem. But I made this changes and it works for me. So please follow this. Thank you.

Well it turns out that the game is running in DX10 when you are flying. It would seem the menus and what not are in DX9. For clarification of Windows 7 helps performance. DX 10, which is embedded in Windows 7, can degrade performance. Or trying to force DX9 Windows 7 use degrades performance? I am waiting for the release of North America and want to upgrade a little. If you found proper solution on this then please share your experience with us.