Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover game does not launch

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover game does not launch

I am having DVD of the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover UK version which I have received 2 days before. But I didn’t have time to install so I installed the game today. I have updated my steam account. I also have verified the account. I clicked on play and I was very excited about this game but when the game started launching it dint started don’t know what was the problem. I thought it was a installation problem so I tried and installed the game again then to it was not working.

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover game does not launch

I have exactly the same problem. First I had an alert for a virus to turn off AVG. Then I updated DX and installed the latest NVIDIA BETA drivers as not recommended and quiet. The game launcher will not last. To summaries what all things I did: I updated DX, I updated the Drivers and also I have re verified the file integrity 2 to 3 times. Then to it is not working. I am not able to know what’s the problem. Please someone help me out.

Hi, just to be sure, the virus warning not to move a file to the vault is not it, I had exactly the same problem with the game does not start and seems AVG was the problem for him, the file "rendobj.dll "added to the exceptions resolved the problem and the game starts well, I hope this helps it to you if we do not feel that but any help with it.

No problem mate, hope it works for you, I had to reinstall a new one, but I'm afraid my May reinstallation been unsuccessful because the problem may be persistent with the previous installation I received no warning, I can try find the original article that I found on the file. dll that needs to be added except if you want?, however, as I said once I had added the same file to the exception that shot up the best of luck.

I installed my game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover but it did not work so I reinstalled it then to not able to work. So I repaired, I uninstalled the game and again reinstalled the game then to it was not working don’t know what to do. I did it 5 to 6 times the same process. Then I tried to reinstall my nvidia drivers 270.57. After doing this I uninstalled the game and then again I installed it then to it was not working.

I had enough of this now. I downloaded steam three times, re-install the steam out of the Program Files folder, delete the configuration file in both places, added the line of epilepsy in the conf file, reinstall. Net and DirectX s number of times, running in compatibility mode etc. My weekend has been something in between trying to get this thing to work. I regret buying it.

If you have problems with the launcher to crash the patch. Go to "Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ IL-2 Sturmovik cliffs of Dover \ cache" and delete all contents, except the "shaders" folder, this includes all dll files, then enter the folder and delete all your shaders content;. No Do not worry about deleting these files, the game creates new cache files every time you start a new mission, then try to start the game again.

Hi guys bit of a problem..... I have recently just bought the Sturmovik: cliffs of Dover download, downloaded it on steam however i am too having problems as the game wont launch. Everytime i click play it comes up saying 'preparing to launch IL-Sturmovik then disappears and then the yellow symbol of an aircraft in a target appears for about 5secs and then disappears. Thats as far as iam getting.... any ideas why it wont load ? I have tried deactivating the resisdent shield on my AVG but it still wont load.

My laptop specs are;

AMD Turion tm 64 Mobile Technology MK-39
    (2.0 GHz, 512KB L2 cache)
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
    120GB HDD
    1GB DDR2(support dual channel)

Help would be much appreciated !

I have the same problem but I purchased the DvD from a shop. Mine bails out at the same point; sort of yellow target indicator with a plane in the middle. No messages, no crash, just appears then disappears. I tried hitting ctrl, alt, de so I could see what computer was doing. Sure enough, it said it was running the game then it just vanished!

This doesn't help you but maybe someone will feel our pain!l

It seems to me that there is not much graphic support for the game on your system that is the reason why it turns black after starting. Now what I want you to do here is that try and use any update graphic card by replacing the current one(if you have any). I hope that increasing the graphic support will definitely help your cause.

Thanks for that, you are absolutely right.

I finally found a page where you can see if your system will play the game and sure enough neither my graphics card or my processor will support it!

Now I am trying to work out if any processors/graphics cards that are suitable can be accommodated by my motherboard (MSI K8N NEO 4) ... Tedious!

Well I want you to try out the NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT graphic card on your system and then see how things goes. I hope that this will help you out to get the appropriate graphic support for your support.

I am having the same problem as Colgsoundo. I think my Graphics Card is powerful enough to handle the game (NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS). After the yellow target with a plane in the middle I am getting nothing, no black screen. Please someone help me.

Hello thanks for posting and I think your system is not compatible with your system and therefore you cannot start the, so first of all I would like to suggest you to make sure that your system compatible with your game. There are lots of reasons which will not start the game. If you have installed the pirated game and after that also you get this issue and if you don’t have proper driver or graphic card on your system. So I would like to suggest you to go through your all issue and after that let me know the issue.

Everything matches with the game requirements. All I have is 1 thing, my processor has 1.86GHz while the recommended is that of 2.66GHz. But I don't think that will effect the game from launching. The game is not pirated: I received it with a CD-KEY/ Serial Key and a DVD Rom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast