Thread: Capping frame rate at 60ps on120Hz monitor for playing Magicka

Capping frame rate at 60ps on120Hz monitor for playing Magicka

I am looking for some way to get an help with capping frame rate of games. Preferably I am planing to do with the same Magicka. I am not getting better support for the same. I have vysnc ready on my system. Right now the frame rate which had gain is 60fps and I am planing to go a bit further to reach the same to 120fps. But the issue here is that I had not tried this and I am a bit confused about the settings. About my monitor also whether it will be enough strong to gain the same or not. I am waiting for some ready to use settings for the same.

Re: Capping frame rate at 60ps on120Hz monitor for playing Magicka

I had performed this for Warcraft. The settings are bit casual but you might to stress your gpu for that. I played the same on a macbook and I was able to reach around 180fps. But at the first few minute of gameplay the macbook heated a lot. The temperature reaches around 85 that is really a hot. I think you must better stick with 30fps. That is well enough and better. Because this boot a much lower strain on your graphic card and lets your system to run stable.You can force the same but that can be on your risk.

You must be aware that the refresh rate of the screen actually depends on the hardware of your system. And if you want more on fps then you might need a better monitor for that. For games like Magicka it is very easy to gain around 120gps on an wide screen system. It is almost possible on most of the system. You can give a try for that. You just need to check performance and keep an eye on the system temperature. 102Mhz monitor is well enough for the settings.

If you have a CRT monitor then there is a much problem on that. There some issue with gaining a better fps on that. You can expect to work much smoother if you can turn the vync off. And if you have an LCD monitor then you are very much less troubled for that. I had tested the same on a laptop and also on desktop system. I found that a regular 60fps can tear the game screens mostly on laptops and on desktop the same works smoothly. That can be due to the processing speed and heating of system. Try looking for some kind of mod for that.

I am trying to gain as much fps as I can on that, but not gaining the same. There is very little number of games that work properly and run nicely. Or else other things simply works smooth. Right now in my system I have two GTX 480 on SLi. I had set both graphic cards on full utilization. I had set the fps cap at 60 with Nvidia Inspector. There were some settings in the game which I had disabled already. There was really a very high difference in what I am getting right now. There was quiet gain from 30 to 90 gps on the gameplay.

It is better to have a 60 on a 60hz monitor. If you have a higher capacity you can go for higher but is not recommended. You can do this with vsync enabled. For some slight change the game might lag for sometime. Fps are just to give you a faster and better gameplay and I mostly rely on the default settings of my system. I can easily notice some quick lags in the game when I play with the video settings. On 30 the game work smooth without issue. I am not sure about Magicka yet, as I had not tested this game on my system.