Thread: PS3 won't play .m2ts files

PS3 won't play .m2ts files

I have sony camcorder and there is no problem while playing file on my PS3. I noticed that .m2ts file is not playing in PS3. The file size is about 200mb. When i play this file on pc via software it work fine. Does anyone know what are the changes need to be made or it require any software to play .m2ts file on PS3. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: PS3 won't play .m2ts files

Try using a program called tsmuxer (Transport Stream muxer) Remux/mux elementary streams, EVO/VOB/MPG, MKV/MKA, TS, M2TS to TS to M2TS. That will split it and re-encode it for you and only takes a few minutes to do. But make sure the audio is AC3 and that its set to 4.1, as most films are high 5.1.

If you want to play m2ts file in PS3 copy *.mts to a folder at the same level as AVCHD (not in the AVCHD folder).Nero can upconvert it and you be able to play on the PS3 in MPEG format. Then, you should be able to browse each folder and then select the mts to play.

How to convert M2TS to PS3
    The M2TS to PS3 is an excellent converted M2TS file to burn for PS3 tool. you can download it and after that install it on PS3. Run that software. You will see three tab ADD, EDIT and OPTION. Click on ADD tab at left corner to load M2TS files.Fourthly, Set the output format and the output folder and
    Select PS3 as the output format by clicking down arrow and use the default folder to save.

partake06 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dhyanesh View Post
    I have sony camcorder and there is no problem while playing file on my PS3. I noticed that .m2ts file is not playing in PS3. The file size is about 200mb. When i play this file on pc via software it work fine. Does anyone know what are the changes need to be made or it require any software to play .m2ts file on PS3. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

okay, the following news must be interesting for you...
    the best solution is to convert m2ts to other formats acceptable to ps3, like moyea mts/m2ts converter which can easily convert mts/m2ts to any other popular video and audio formats, like mp4,avi,vob,etc.

moreover, this software adopts advanced audio and video sync technology, and its conversion speed is very high...

i am using this one, too.

You can remux your M2TS files to MKV container which is better for playing on PS3 by using tsRemux. Or you can using Aunsoft Final Mate for converting camcorder M2TS file to MKV, AVI, MP4 with exactly good quality.