Thread: Dragon age 2 lagging fix

Dragon age 2 lagging fix

Yesterday I have installed the game called Dragon age 2 but I didn’t get any time to play that game. Today I went to play the game. I launch the game and hit the play button. The game took much time to load. After that the game has started. I started playing it. After some minutes the game started lagging in every 5 seconds. I couldn’t understand what is causing it. My system completely meets the requirements but in spite of that there is nothing faults to say.

Re: Dragon age 2 lagging fix

I think that you have overclocked the system before installing the game. Some says the overclocking the system will increase the game performance. It is true and I am not avoiding it. But the thing is some game has its own limitation. The limitations like the game will not tolerate any modifications in computer. The same case might be happening to Dragon Age 2. So if you have overclocked any of the peripherals like CPU or GPU, reset it first so that it came back to normal condition and then install the game.

The lagging in games usually caused by the high system temperatures. If your computer is overheated then this reasons to the lag or freeze in entire system’s operation. If the CPU temperature rises from the normal level then it stops functioning and the same issue is to the GPU. Both required to be in idle temps. That’s why most of the gaming computer uses good or expensive heatsinker or water cooling to keep the computer as cool as possible. While game is running, the system uses all its resources like CPU, GPU, memory etc and makes the computer to handle heavy load process.

The Dragon age 2 gameplay is lagging because the game does not able to get all resources properly. Seems to me that either your CPU or GPU is in buy state or may be handling other application operations. As you know there are plenty of services running in the background. Not only services, some applications and security programs like antivirus, firewall also running in the background. These will take much CPU or GPU usage without your knowledge making the system as busy state. So you need to disable some of those useless things from the background and free the computer to play game only.

I think that you are running the game in high settings. The system might not be capable to handle the Dragon age 2 if you are playing it in high settings. So you need to play the game either in normal settings or low settings. Both settings are better for your and also for the system. No matter how good computer you own, you need to do this sometime. I have been hearing some news regarding the issue between the quad core and the Dragon age 2. Maybe this also a reason for lagging.

It seems to me like a directx issue in your computer or may be the graphics resources. So far there are only few issue have come into view about the game called Dragon age 2. So there are no particular fixes yet. Usually we can say that the lagging is the cause of low graphic resources. There might be a shortage in your computer. Just make sure that you have installed the latest drivers. If you cannot able to play the game in DX11 then try DX9. I heard that the game will run smoothly in this also.

hmmm nice try guys but you are wrong in this case..it has nothing to do with your hardware. Dragon Age 2 was released to the public in an unfinished state. It encounters severe problems whilst rendering direct x 11. Nvidia, Ati and Bioware are working (cough, cough, ahem) on fixing this issue and ironing out the bugs. Bioware recommends Direct X 9.0c and settings at high. To give you an example I run a ASUS Rampage 3 Formula with triple SLi via 480's processor is an i7 and 8gb of corsair dominator and it still wont render direct x 11 in this game effectively!!!! bioware really screwed this game up for PC players. A hack and slash dumbed down version for consoles ........not good enough bioware...
    Disturbingly this is becoming somewhat of a trend....unfinished games being released and /or dumbed down be that through graphics or gameplay for console