Thread: SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm:keymap controls on mouse

SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm:keymap controls on mouse

After installing the game called SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm on my computer, I have started playing. I quite encouraged by the gameplay in it but the sad thing that annoyed me is I couldn’t able to configure the controls properly. I am using a good gaming mouse. Some of the controls do not look to be appropriate at some certain situations. My question is it possible for controls are keymapped on the mouse? Is the game capable to do like this?

Re: SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm:keymap controls on mouse

I don’t know what controls you are talking about but I do know that it is sometime possible for you to assign some controls to the mouse extra buttons. If you are using a good gaming mouse with some additional buttons in it then you definitely can keymap any of the game controls to the mouse. However make sure that the default options or controls which are assigned from the game itself to the mouse must not be changed. However you can assign other controls which are suitable for mouse.

It is not the capability of the game to keymap the controls to the mouse but it is about the capability of the operating system and the compatibility of the mouse you are using. Some gaming mouse automatically notice the game controls profiles and assign it to mouse additional buttons according to your needs. Sometime you might need to put in the game controls profile to the mouse by manually. It is not a difficult task if the game controls option easily detects all the mouse buttons properly.

Some of the gaming mouse offers their own customized program or software to customize the mouse according to your needs or according to the applications and games you use. I have seen this kind of feature in the Logitech as well as Microsoft gaming mouse. This kind of software will help you to assign the task or controls for each button on the mouse for each applications and games separately. At the beginning you need to put in game profile in that software. After that when you launch any game the mouse will automatically recognize the controls profile and assign it their respective buttons.

By the way what model of mouse you are using for this game. In my opinion and experience I think that the game requires keyboard controls more than the mouse controls. No matter what mouse you use, the keyboard keys are very easy for you to toggle for certain tasks like choosing weapons, shields, and other things. However for attacking you may use the mouse additional buttons. If the game is not compatible to do so then you will not able to keymap the controls.

As far as my experience concern playing an RPG is somewhat diverse than playing an RTS through RPG essentials (which Spellforce is). Therefore the contrast with Fallout isn't fairly permitted at this point. The controls to shift (Avatar, heroes, military) and to battle are okay with mouseclick. To rapidly toggle from side to side the adjacent enemies you require the TAB-key on the keyboard except you must be capable to shift that key toward your rollerball. The choice options are entire into the left mouseclick thus no trouble there in addition.