Thread: Flickering Artifacts on Super Meat Boy

Flickering Artifacts on Super Meat Boy

I had found some of similar topics based on the same issue, but there is something which is not properly mentioned. I am playing Super Meat Boy and the game is nice. I had faced some artifacts problem on the screen while playing the game. I have a Amd HD 6900 series card and other games works nicely on the same. I have updated drivers and all is new. But still when I load the game there is flickering issue on the same. The game graphic sometime is very irritating in between the game play. Well even after updating the issue when you face such kind of issue then that means there is no hardware issue, the game is actually buggy.

Re: Flickering Artifacts on Super Meat Boy

Yes there are ample of discussions made on this topic already and the issue is not due to the drivers. There were some graphic glitch with the game based on some graphic cards only. First for some starting months when the games was out it does not support the series of card which you had mentioned. The problem was mostly exist on the HD 6900 series. There were ample of post on the same. Most of the players found visual artifacts on every screen even in the game menu. That is not counted as an hardware issue. That can be due to the game bug and the new version must be better.

Flickering is an common issue with game and with old drivers. It is possible due to old drivers it occurs. I will advice you to get updates for Direct X. Are you using different types of emulators on your system. Then you might need to remove the same. You have to adjust your resolution settings. I am trying to bring the game in window mode so that I can test the issue. If that does not solves then that can be due to game itself. Try to re-install your games back again and then check back.

Try changing the resolution from Catalyst control settings.Go in settings and change the 3D settings also. There might be some conflict between the settings. There still not an optimum reason behind that so I cannot come on any conclusion. All what you do is update your Control center. I found that ATI has released some drivers update for the same. Try to run them and check back again. It mostly a driver glitch. Try removing the game and re-install the same back again. This will surely work.

I want to share a similar issue here. I was playing with the settings there. I changed my drivers and updated all stuff. In between I faced a blue screen error when I tried to move the game from windowed mode to full screen. After reboot system was fine. I can have a Intel Core i3 processor which is enough strong to deal with the performance of the game. So the issue does not lies with the drivers it is with the game itself. The game is buggy and till yet there neither any update nor any kind of fix available for that. I had not checked the same on any other system.

Last time when I looked for the fix I found that the newer version is already has all those errors done. That means you do not need to worry about the same. I found some videos which showed gfx glitches in them. Those were fixed already and there was not a problem. There might be a need to contact the Team Meat for this and ask for the support. The error can be resolve by them. Till yet ATI does not provide any update for that. This can be a sad news for both the user and publisher.