Thread: Low frame rates in Shadow Harvest

Low frame rates in Shadow Harvest

I bought this product on Steam last week during the pre-event buy and now I'm trying to play, but experience low frame rates no matter what settings I chose. Resolutions, from 640x480 to my native 1920x1080, with or without all the options on or off. The highest I get is about 30 frames per second, measured by FRAPS, if I go with my home country, with all power options with or without frame synchronization is about 17 to 20 fps. The game is completely unplayable, but far from pleasant. It also has a problem with any of gamma and / or brightness. The dark areas are unable to see through, and the light areas washed out. Is there any way to adjust these things. Thank you very much for the help. It seems to be a nice game, except for these issues. I'm so glad that someone put in a PC game that focuses on a single player mode and not just shoots the entire multiplayer mode in sight. I like shooters, which is mine. But I also like stories, not great in multiplayer. I like to sit and relax, play a game to enjoy the challenge, the nuances and gentle eyes.

Re: Low frame rates in Shadow Harvest

There is a frame limiter active, limiting the FPS on some machines at 30 FPS and on some others at 60 FPS. I actually don't know what the prerequisites for each setting are; it's not GPU speed alone, but a combination of various aspects. Unfortunately I am unaware of the details but it's got to do with the sync of rendered frames/AI and enemy sensoric. I will check this with the Devs and see if it is intended to remove the limiter in the future. The combination of two 4850s via Crossfire is also a little bit exotic and I guess that POSH wasn't optimized/tested to/on that config in the compatibility center before.

Frame limiter is a very common to have the run of play in sync with what is actually happening on the screen. Many games use this technique. GTA, World of Warcraft, Halo3, to name a few. Something is definitely wrong in this game. Random fps drops for no reason. I'm running SLI 470. I do not think this game is compatible with SLI at all, because I was 20 to 25 fps with SLI. And 18 to 32 fps without SLI but ran faster with a card. With a card drops frames for any reason. I can play "Metro 2033" in 65 to 80 fps with my SLI setup. Everything on max.

My response was directed onto the frame limiter SPF 30 and 60 and whether the review of an option to disable. Sorry, but I cannot comment on why they are finding in 17 frames-20 with all features put up. Try to set GFX settings to find a configuration that is happy with. Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Quality of shadow have the greatest impact on performance. So maybe start from there? Could also be a SLI / crossfire issue. If this is the case, then developers will have to do with it.

No matter what setting I use, 20 fps is about all I get. at 640x480 with everything off, I get 20 + 30 fps. I should be happy to run it in the settings, or should I go lower? Maybe you can patch in order to run 64x48 and then still stay with the frame limiter to keep talking. I do not think you get it, you paid $ 40 for a game that is broken and you tell me you can actually fix it if you're so bound. I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with this game with this developer and you and I haven’t even played the game again from this listing. The game is very slow in these frame rates, and why wouldn’t just put a script to change the ini file, email me an ini file or something to talk about others is beyond me. This is the last game to be released if not get your act together. Talking to me from the keyboard is very easy, but doing the right thing and fix my problem is apparently too hard. I'm not happy with this service and I will not buy again, but most likely not be my choice, but to its investors.

As I get from your posts is that you get 30 FPS at very low intensity and all the best to get 17 to 20 fps at 1920x1080 resolutions, right? FPS limiter has nothing to do with the loss of pictures under 30 FPS and has not read an INI switch from now. So the limit cannot be turned off by changing the INI. I really think this is an SLI / Crossfire (dual GPU, that is) problem. That is most likely why not making 30 shots in all the time in the system. Because the frame rate should represent reported about the performance of a single GPU 4850.