Thread: Enabling DirectX 10 on Crysis 2 Beta

Enabling DirectX 10 on Crysis 2 Beta

I love to play video game on the computer of mine. Well I have installed Crysis 2 Beta on the computer of mine. according to me this particular game is quite awesome. I have played the game on the DX9 but I am unable to play the game on the DX 10 on the computer of mine. can anyone tell me how can I enable DX 10 on the computer of mine. let me know if you are having any speculation regarding the thing which I have asked over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Enabling DirectX 10 on Crysis 2 Beta

I have played this particular game on the computer of mine. this particular game is having support for the DX 9 so far. But I am expecting that this particular game will have support for the DX 10 as well as DX 11 in the future updates. Recently the new graphic card of the Nvidia GeForce 500-series has revealed that the game Crysis 2 will not have support for the DirectX 11. So we need to wait till the developer of the game will provide support for the DirectX 9.

Well I have heard the announcement from the developer of the game. they have announced that the final version of the game will have support for the DirectX 9/10/ 11 as well. I am hoping that the DirectX 11 version of the Crysis 2 would be so good in terms of the graphic so that the console users will not leave to play the game at all. So I am ready to wait till the developer of the game release the update for this particular game Crysis 2.

You can use the following thing to get the DX10 shader effects when you are running DX9 on the computer of yours. you need to go for E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo file location and simply create a notepad file and put the ‘con_restricted=0’ without using quotes. Now simply save the same by naming as autoexec.cfg. now go to the console and make appear the command prompt and enter following thing on the same. ‘r_colorgrading=1’ it will enable the DX10 shader effects and to disable use ‘r_colorgrading=0’ without using quotes.

Whenever you are running this particular game on the computer under DX 9 will give you high graphical settings\. However when you run the Crysis on DX 10 then it will let you to play the game under very high graphics level. You should go for the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Config\CVarGroups file location and copy paste the following file. Make sure that you have back up the file before doing anything.
    Code:
    ; default of this CVarGroup
    = 4

e_particles_quality=4
    e_particles_lod=1
    e_particles_max_emitter_draw_screen=32
    r_UseSoftParticles=1
    e_water_ocean_soft_particles= 1
    e_particles_object_collisions=1
    I am hoping that it will help you out to get the requirement of yours.

I have noticed that the DX 10 is having the little bit blur. I am expecting that the Crytek need to do something regarding the cause of the problem. The DX 10 ahs given a new level of the realism to the game . well recently I have encountered that the Nvidia is working on the DX 10 graphic card so that it can support the DirectX 10. We need to wait till the Nvidia introduces the graphic card which is having support for the DirectX 10.

Well we know that the DX 10 would be more advanced than that of the previous version of the DirectX. However the Crysis will not have support for all the features. If you are not having the hardware which is having support for the DX 10 then you need to purchase the hardware which is having support for the same. You can get the benefit of having DX 10 if you are able to tweak the DX 9 successfully. I think it would me better solution for you.