Thread: Unable to hear sound/music while playing Super Meat Boy

Unable to hear sound/music while playing Super Meat Boy

I had purchase the Super Meat Boy game few weeks back. It was working perfectly fine on my PC which is running Windows XP till yesterday. Since I performed the update yesterday night this particular problem has started. I am able to hear sound and music while I am starting the game but the sound stops playing by itself after the title screen is displayed. What could be the reason behind this unusual behavior in the game? Anyone with suggestions then please help me. It would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to hear sound/music while playing Super Meat Boy

As u said that the problem started after you updated the game, there is a high possibility that you must have got infected by some sort of virus or germs. The virus must have infected your game files. The best thing you can do is to uninstall the game and delete all the related files from your system. Then perform a complete system scan. Always remember to keep your antivirus updated. After you are done with uninstallation and scanning, reinstall the game and check if the sound and music is working fine or not.

You must try doing the System Restore. By doing that you can roll back your system to a desired restore point (in your case it will be any date and time before the update occurred). You can perform the system restore by clicking on the Start button at the bottom left side of the screen and navigate to the following path: Start >> All programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore. After you click on system restore a new window will appear. Select the Restore point to which you want to restore your system and click next. Restart your computer when prompted.

Thanks for your quick suggestions but sorry to say that they did not helped me out. I have scanned my system several times and was fortunate to find no virus in my system. I uninstalled the game and again reinstalled it but with no luck. The game is still showing the same problem. I also tried to do the system restore but here also I was unlucky. I didn’t find any instance of system restore point so I did not perform the system restore. So I am still facing the same problem. So any more suggestions from anyone then please some forward and help me. It will be appreciated.

I am still thinking, how come no one suggested you to check your sound drivers. It would be better if your check whether your sound driver usually the Realtek Sound Driver, is properly installed or not. Uninstall the drivers and then again install it. You can do it by right clicking on the My Computer and choosing the properties option. A new window will be displayed. Click on the Hardware tab and then click on the Device Manager. Make sure that you have logged in as an administrator. Select the Sound Driver and uninstall it. Restart the computer and your system will search for the drivers by itself. Or you can check for the latest available driver in net or download It from the official site of Realtek and install it in your system. Hope this will clear all your problems. Enjoy!!