Thread: Controller or Mouse/keyboard for Super Meat Boy?

Controller or Mouse/keyboard for Super Meat Boy?

I checked out few demo videos of Super Meat Boy game in youtube and like it very much. I am planning to buy the game in coming days. But I had this little doubt. Which one will be better, a gaming controller or mouse/keyboard combination to play Super Meat Boy. Better in the sense, which one will be more comfortable and enjoyable? Is there any advantage of using a controller? I am a newbie so it would be very helpful of you guys to give me some suggestions. It will be highly appreciated.

Re: Controller or Mouse/keyboard for Super Meat Boy?

It is completely user dependent. If you ask for my opinion by my experience then I find it little difficult to play this game on a keyboard. Although the directional keys in the keyboard allow the player to change the directions a little faster than the controller. The keyboard keys takes slightly more time than the gamepad buttons thus creating difficulty in timing the spacebar button to jump the wall and avoid other obstacles. It would have been easier to play certain areas with a gamepad than the keyboard.

Every gamer have their own set of comfort zone. Many like me prefer using a gaming controller. It is comparably easier and more fun to play with a gamepad than the keyboard. Ever since I started using PS3 controller everything feels to be more natural and much easier. For me, the PS3 controllers work better than Xbox controllers while playing the Super Meat Boy game. You can definitely give PS3 or Xbox 360 or any PC controller (example: any Logitech controller) a try if you really want to enjoy the game.

Thanks for the quick replies. They really gave me the brief idea of how the game works with the keyboard and the controllers. I am planning to try both the keyboards and controllers and then decide which one is more comfortable for me. Now I have got one other doubt. Which controllers should I get for the game? Which are the gaming controllers that will work fine with this game? Suggestions will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

This game plays better with a controller. Especially the Super Meat boy game was designed to be played with the Xbox 360 controller. You can buy a PS3 controller or Xbox 360 controller or any other PC controllers to play the game. It works with the PC controllers that are direct input. If you don't have a PC controller, you can also buy some Logitech controllers. Always remember to read reviews about the controller you planning to buy and make sure that the compatible with the game. If you are planning to get a wireless controller then it will price you little more.