Thread: Comparison between IL-2 sturmovik : CoD and BoP graphics

Comparison between IL-2 sturmovik : CoD and BoP graphics

I have almost completed all the stages in latest Cliff of Dover and BoP and I must tell you guys I have never experienced such graphics before so I want share my experience with you guys and want to know about your experience while playing these games, my system configuration is NVIDIA 7950, AMD athlon 64 and games requires only 2GB of space. I am just about to complete but still I don’t know some facts like developer of CoD and developer of BoP created their own engines to run these games and are they belong to Russia?

Re: Comparison between IL-2 sturmovik : CoD and BoP graphics

Ya you are right buddy even I had never experienced such graphics in the battlefield and in my point of view these can’t compared but still both of these hardly lose framerates and they show quite similar level of ground details. And both of these run on different-different engines, because I think flight model is borrowed from Old IL-2 engine in Wings of Prey so Wings of prey runs on old IL-2 engine where as Cliffs of Dover is millions time complex as compared to the old IL-2 so it runs on a different engine.

Nice thread, I will choose WOP if the comparison is based on the graphics. I was totally disappointed with IL2 engine graphics because at least in the highend machines it should give high lvel graphics but what I experienced was not up to the mark. And on the other side it’s amazing in WOP, damage model and flight model are simply great if I had these features of graphical engine of WOP in the COD IL2 it would be more simple and great.

Well nice review but I am going with COD, I am with IL2 from last 10 years in the start it was much simpler at that time but now it’s very complex, I agree that COD has some problems. I heard that in WOP, Berlin map is awesome but WOP maps very tiny as compared to the map of CoD. And WOP to give better framerate leaves lots of resources which can be used. I have just started playing WOP so I don’t know much about its graphics and gameplay.

I would like to add some points for WOP first graphic wise this game is one of the best I have ever played but thing is this game is not close to reality it looks like quite the scene from movies, they look great but doesn’t look realistic. In this game everything seems quite easy to do so it’s quite fun for those who like the games which are not close to reality and gives user to perform many action which looks good like it happens mostly in movies but in reality it’s not possible.