Thread: Disappointment in skinning possibilities while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Disappointment in skinning possibilities while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Few days back I got the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover and to tell you frankly I am not very happy with it. I have been playing this game from the time I got it but for some reason I am not enjoying it as much as I thought earlier. The most disappointing factor regarding is the skinning possibilities in this game. The thing is that the panel lines and the rivets are not for editing but hard coded in the game. This for me is very disappointing.

Re: Disappointment in skinning possibilities while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I just had a look at the question that you have asked and find it really interesting. I find it interesting because this is not really a big issue to deal with. If you remember then you will come know that this was known to us from a long time. But frankly speaking I will tell you that you don’t have to worry al all about this issue. There is no point in pondering about this point and then saying that the game is not that great. So I would suggest you that you just keep on playing the game and enjoy the game.

Re: Disappointment in skinning possibilities while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I would tell you that the most motivating factor in this game is the quality of the sound that they have provided. It is really beautiful and makes the game that more interesting. Also I would tell you that I have ample number of skins that look nice from far but when you look at them closely then they are all bad. And this is the case especially with the wild ones. So this is the problem that I am facing with this game right now.

I would say that there is a lot of criticism going around with this game and there is no such valid reason for it. I feel that the absence of panel lines and the rivets is a proper reason and I do agree with that and there is no reasons why these type of feature prevent us from acquiring new skins. So this is what I think about this game .So in general I would say that there is no need in getting disappointed with the skins in this game.

According to me the skins should not be editable. I think that the skinners can add the lines of their choice if they could just be turned off. Also what will happen is that the skinner could add some more lines of choice. But sometimes I feel that if you do this then there are chances that some problem could arise because the bump mapping must have a proper alignment with the panel lines. So this is the most important thing that you need to remember.