Thread: Why propeller is removed from cockpit view in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Why propeller is removed from cockpit view in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I am planning to but this game in near future but have been just waiting a little to know some of the reviews of the game. So by the time I have been waiting I have been watching some of the videos of this game. So while watching the videos I noticed that the propeller been removed from in-cockpit view’s can I know what have they made this change. Now it doesn’t look good at all. Please do get back to me on this issue immediately.

Re: Why propeller is removed from cockpit view in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I just had a look at your question and would completely agree with you on this issue.even I didn’t like the way they removed the propeller from cockpit view. I got to know that the this was done because the epilepsy filter was introduced. And one more reason that I came across with was that in real life the propeller isn't visible from the cockpit. So this is the reason propeller is removed from cockpit view in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.

Re: Why propeller is removed from cockpit view in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Yes I just had a look at the solution that was given before and will tell you that these are the reasons why the there is no propeller in cockpit. Also if you want to check it out then look at a small running electric fan with your eyes and look at the screen of your digital camera. What this will do is that it will clearly check the difference on the effect on the camera but this is not possible if you see with your own eyes.

According to me I feel that you would see something when the throttle is down. Also if you notice closely then you will see that the helicopter blades aren't invisible even if you are close to it. Also the helicopter blades rotate at a very low rpm than aircraft propeller. So I would like to know that are the propellers present even when the plane is on the ground with the engine is off. But whatever it is I would suggest you to go ahead with the game as it doesn’t make a big difference if the propeller is removed from cockpit view or not.

I have seen a video and noticed that the propellers are present and they only looks like that in the video because it is being filmed. Also I would tell you that if you check out the video then you will come to know that the camera is only at most 60fps.Most of the times it may be around 25 fps which is what is causing that effect. Also remember that the FPS in videos makes fast motion movement looks like the real life effect. And I would say that this happens specially when there is a blade movement.

Thanks a lot for all your queries. I just saw all the solutions that were are mentioned here and would tell you that I may very well go ahead with buying the game. Even I feel that the propeller which is removed from cockpit view will make a big difference. Also I would tell you that in need to check the videos again to re check if the propellers are certainly present or not. I would once again like to thank for all your solutions that you have provided me as they have removed the confusion from my mind.