Thread: VSync unable to work in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

VSync unable to work in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I have some problem while playing the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover .The problem is that I am facing some problem with the VSync .I have the CCC set to quality but u does not enable it. Also I am having the AMD 6970HD with latest drivers 11.3 and most of features are application controlled to minimize possibility of conflicts. So can anyone help me on this issue. Please do get back to me solve this issue immediately.

Re: VSync unable to work in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I think that this problem is faced by many people who are playing this game. I suppose that this is the problem that is faced by the users who are using the NVIDIA card and I am surprised to know that even that doesn't make any difference. This is really very strange. Also using the Radeon Pro program does not help to get VSync on. So may be this is something that has to do with the makers of this game and they need to sort this out as soon as possible.

I just had a look at the question and would say that yes even I am really surprised with this. Even the Riva tuner's D3DOverrider is not of much help. This really is very strange. This I guess is the first and only game that doesn’t work with the D3DOverrider.Sometimes it thing that this is actually caused by lack if vsync itself. But even I have been looking for some solution on this issue.

I personally feel that vSync is very bad and it not that useful. Also I have never come across while playing the game that the screen just splits away. I hope that I will not experience it in future too. What I will go is that I will have higher frames per seconds and less bog on my system. This will surely help you as well. This is really better that than perfectly aligned frames. So I guess that if you try out this solution then it may well prove beneficial to you.

I would tell you all that currently I am getting a better FPS of around 65.I am playing this on a 1600x900 with everything kept low except for the model detail. Also the visual effects and clouds are all on high. But with this also I am not noticing the tearing effect so may be if you go with this settings then there won’t be a real issue. But if you want then you can check out with this solution as if might b e helpful to you.

I have a certain kind of solution to this question .When I was having issue with vSync what I did was I got the ToMMTi-Systems SSAA-Tool v1.0 from website. If you install it then all will be fine with you and there won’t be any problem at all. But before that I would warn you that the installation process is a real pain and it needs a restart and selection of a startup mode. So you need to be very careful while working with it.