Thread: How to get rid of the faulty textures while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

How to get rid of the faulty textures while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I was waiting for this game from a long time and then eventually got this game. I was very excited to play this game and now that I got this game I have been playing the game only. Now I have been running this game with the ATI Radeon HD 4870X2 with Catalyst 10.9.But even with this I get a wrong texture while playing the game. So can anyone tell me the solution to this question? I am not able to enjoy the game with this faulty texture.

Re: How to get rid of the faulty textures while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I just had a look at your question and feel that this might be something that is related to the direct x settings. You need to check then to fix this issue. I guess that you may try playing the game by keeping all the settings to low as well as no AA and AF. This may help you to get a better texture the next time you will play this game. So I would suggest you to try out this and I am sure that it will work for you immediately.

Re: How to get rid of the faulty textures while playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I went through the question and I was really surprised to see the problem that you are facing. I have not faced this problem until now. And even I am having the ATI Radeon HD 4870X2 with me. What I did was that I downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card. Once I did that then I set land detail to low and the textures seemed to return to normal. I would suggest you all to try out this solution and I am sure that it will work for you.

Even I am facing with the similar issue and just had a look at the solutions that were provided here. What I did was I changed the setting as were mentioned to low and then it made the cockpit corrupted and same was the case when I changed the settings to very low. Also I would tell you that on medium settings the game was really unplayable and it looked very bad to play. So now is there any alternate solution to this to make the texture work properly.

I have one more solution to this issue but I am not very sure that will it be fine or not .This is because you need to remove all to fix the issue. What I mean by removing all is that you need to remove the forest along with the grass and the shadows and then play with a low or very low setting. Probably this will help you to play the game in a better way. But the problem with this solution is that the game might even look bad than the IL2.

Thanks a lot for providing me with the solutions. I went through then and they worked for me. Even I tried playing the game by making the setting to low but that didn’t help as it was not really looking good to play the game. So I then downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card and that changed all. Now the texture is far better that what it was before. So I would once again like to thank you all for the solutions that were provided to me as they helped me a lot to fix thus issue.