Thread: Need your opinion: PSU to upgrade or not to upgrade

Need your opinion: PSU to upgrade or not to upgrade

I do not surf the net and update my drivers by downloading the disk from another system. I have a team of high-end game I want to "update." I add a GTX 480 card in my computer. Already installed is an ATI 5870 card. I am eager to know if my power supply (Corsair HX 1000 watt modular) has enough power to feed the two letters, along with everything else on my system. My system has the DX58SO Intel and the Intel i7 960.

Re: Need your opinion: PSU to upgrade or not to upgrade

I would like to suggest you that either you can think to SLI the 480 or you can used to Crossfire the 5870. You cannot connect the two cards scheduled through any kind of Data Bridge, but you could insert (if I am wrong then correct me) the Nvidia like a physicx co-processor. I think this information will enough for you confusion. If it will solve your problem then it fine for you. Otherwise you can go with another option if you have.

I have not seen it work properly until now, the majority of the time you observe no development and the cards temp is too low it come into view that it not doing whatever thing, or each time you obtain a video load such as a graphics strong scene it bosd's among my desired nv4_disp.dll error. Or you can use here two ATI cards in Xfire or two Nvidia cards in SLI mixing the two will be driver BSOD nightmare.

I now read on one more forum two dissimilar cards can be run at the equal time providing they are not run in sli or cross fire because they are of dissimilar architecture's. This permitting for option of which card you need to run for which yet game you wish for to play. I have seen it done but what is the benefit, your using one card or the extra not both but have to have power for both, and get rid of the warmth from both, at what time you try to use nvidia card for Physx you will typically end up among BOSD's as the driver’s crash.