Thread: Steam startup

Steam startup

Have tried many times but steam does not start up at all. I had uninstalled and installed again at many tries but was unable to load it. I had also tried checkdisk and systems restore but it did not help me either. Did not know why it is starting up. Whenever I try load up steam it just occupies the processes section in the task manager and do nothing further. Also my support account for steam disappeared so I have removed every steam related file and its related registry entry and tried to reload it but to no avail. Can anyone know how to solve this problem of mine?

Re: Steam startup

I do not have any problems related to it. Try following this simple step and I hope it might worked out for you:
    1. Click on start
    2. Go to run
    3. Type msconfig
    4. Select the selective startup
    5. Uncheck box 1, 2 and 4
    6. Go to services by clicking it mentioned at the top
    7. Go to hide all Microsoft services
    8. Disable all in the list after it is refresh
    9. Click on OK
    10. Now restart your computer

Try uninstalling the applications given below as it require to use enough space onto your system:
    • Ghostsurf 2007
    • SpyCatcher express
    • AOLacsd.exe (which is an AOL connection driver)

This is done as the problem is arises from the third party software installed onto your system. Uninstalling them would help steam run smoothly as this will help in reducing interference between the software used. I am saying this I had tried disabling other software when I want to use the steam software.

I have found the solution for the problem stated above. To overcome this situation kindly follow the instructions given below:
    1. Click on start
    2. Go to run
    3. Click on selective start up
    4. Go to services
    5. Search for Adobe LM service and unchecked it
    6. Click on ok
    7. Now try uninstalling any tune up utilities
    8. Restart your system

At some of the time we do not try to use our simple logic in using it. But even a simple try can make difficult things worked out for us. As steam is installed and set to the start up windows you will need to go to task manager. From there you will have to go to processes tab. After finding steam there in the lists select end process by right clicking on it. As for the situation you would just need to right click on the steam icon first. Secondly you will require running it in administrator mode as this helped me out and my system is working fine now.