Thread: No adjustment for sound in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

No adjustment for sound in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I have installed IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover on the computer of mine. Well I really loved the look and feel of this particular game. But I am not satisfied with the sound which is provided in to this particular game. I am looking for the thing like sound control in the game. In the previous version of the game I was having an option which I can use to set master volume to down so that I was able to make the balance in the game. Do you know anything about the master volume in the game? Let me know if you are anything regarding this thing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: No adjustment for sound in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Yes I am also happy with the concept of the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. But still I am not happy with the sound of the game. Well according to me the developer of the game should implement the audio sliders in the game. This particular thing is totally dependent on the developers only. We need to wait till the developer announces anything about on this matter. also I am hoping the requirement of mine would be definitely fixed into the upcoming patch of the game.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am going state something which you can use to fix the matter of yours. This thing will only work if you have installed Windows 7 on the computer. You should launch the game on the computer and press Windows key from the keyboard and go for the Speaker icon from the task bar. Now choose the mixer which is located at the bottom of the headset. You will have various option on the screen which you can use the same in the game.

According to me you need to have a look into the conf.ini file which is located on the computer of yours. i am posting the conf.ini file you can feel free to use the same.
    Code:
    [sound]
    SoundUse=1
    DebugSound=0
    SoundEngine=1
    Speakers=1
    Placement=0
    SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
    RadioFlags.Enabled=1
    RadioEngine=2
    MusicVolume=14
    ObjectVolume=7
    MusState.takeoff=1
    MusState.inflight=1
    MusState.crash=1
    MusFlags.play=1
    MasterVolume=14
    Attenuation=7
    SoundMode=0
    SamplingRate=0
    NumChannels=2
    SoundExt.occlusions=1
    SoundFlags.hardware=1
    SoundFlags.streams=1
    SoundFlags.duplex=1
    SoundExt.acoustics=1
    SoundExt.volumefx=1
    SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
    SoundFlags.static=1
    VoiceVolume=8
    Channels=1
    SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
    SoundExt.extrender=0
    SoundSetupId=8
    ActivationLevel=0.02
    Preemphasis=0.8
    RadioLatency=0.5
    AGC=1
    PTTMode=1
    RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
    RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
    ActLevel=9
    MicLevel=10
    SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
    SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
    SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
    speakers=0
    You should try with the lowering the values and see whether it is working or not.

I am suggesting that you should search for the conf.ini file on the computer. You should open the file into the notepad on the computer of yours. you should go for the [sound] section and look for the SoundUse. If it set to SoundUse=0 then you should make it to SoundUse=1. Once you have done you need to save the same on the computer. This particular thing would be helpful when you are not getting sound when you are supposed to play the game on the computer of yours.

Many time such issue might be occurring due to the sound card drivers issue. So I am recommending that you should go for a driver update and see this is working or not. If there is no difference in the situation then you should contact the developer of the game for this particular matter. Well you should tell the developer regarding the issue and they will let you know about the possible solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.