Thread: Dragon Age 2 game hangs and unable to save after pressing ESC button

Dragon Age 2 game hangs and unable to save after pressing ESC button

Hello friends I have brought this new Dragon Age 2 game from one of my friend. I have all the necessary configuration required to play this game on my system. I had installed this Dragon Age 2 game on my system with success and even started playing the game instantly. Everything was working pretty well until I found that when I tried to save the game after I got some boring to play and press the ESC to carry out the event store, I learned that I was getting a blank screen with no options that, however I can press the C key to return to the game, but the problem is that I am not able to save my progress so is there someone who can help me with this problem.

Re: Dragon Age 2 game hangs and unable to save after pressing ESC button

Hi I would like to know the complete hardware and software specification of your computer system, the reason I'm doing this is due to the fact that when the beta version of the game came out I had the same problem with the game later in the investigation of this issue have come to know that this game does not run successfully on a single core machine. I mean my system is currently running on to the single core processor. So to fix this matter you have to run your system on to the Intel dual core. After doing this you are able to save this game effectively without any problems

If you are not able to save the game by pressing the ESC key as there are no buttons which are highlighted when you press the ESC and it is an alternative where you can even press the F5 key which acts as an automated process and will saves while playing the game. And this is the shortcut key which I came to know from one of my friend. Through this the is able to save the game directly through the function key, and you will be able to get the solution for your query.

Hey I feel there might be some problem along with the configuration of the game, so what you do to fix this matter is just go into the settings and change the password of another button you must change the ESC key is assigned to go inside menu options to any other key to that election and then see if pressing the key you are able to get storage options from there, hopefully this will surely solve all their problems.

Why not reinstall the game and see if you are able to get rid of this problem with ESC, although this is not the appropriate solution, to mention only that if does the trick for you. What I think is that if you reinstall the game you will be able to know exactly where the problem is, if it happens again it is true that the problem is in the game and you have to change the game CD and get a new one, assuming that does not happen again as good for you, as all problems are resolved.

I am also going through the same issue and as I have come to know, as I was about to save the game which is when I hit the ESC button to perform the event store, I managed to get all the buttons in the window, but unfortunately the Save button is not highlighted and so I realized I was not able to save the game. Because of this all my progress in the game was gone and I had to start the game each and increasingly, also was not able to get the automated to save what can someone help me to know that what the problem is and how I solved it.

It seems that every one of the players face the problem of the buttons do not get highlighted when you press the ESC key to carrying out the process of recording. What I think is that since the game just got released so I think there might be a problem in game development and even some of the mistakes they could meet me for what I think is that we have to file a complaint to the company as soon as possible and let them know about errors so they can take quick action as soon as possible.