Thread: Have some User interface questions in Spellforce 2 - Shadow Wars

Have some User interface questions in Spellforce 2 - Shadow Wars

I'm struggling a bit with the user interface something - especially during combat. It seems that the control of every important character in combat is a bit difficult (especially since you cannot enter commands during pause). Is there a quick way to tell the heroes to use various special commands? Currently I have to do is press FN, click the special command (bar at the bottom) and click on the destination (which can be difficult when there are many targets on the screen). It would be nice if I could do something like hit F1, blow (to the control 1) and have used in the current target. If it is not clear - what I mean by the command 'special skills (such as casting spells, lightheadedness. I checked the manual, but it seems that much of the manual is how to "play the tutorial, which I did, but I missed or details or something or other.

Re: Have some User interface questions in Spellforce 2 - Shadow Wars

No, no one can force attacks, spells, special key ... but you can select the enemy very easy with the "tab" on your keyboard. Tab selects the enemy with the highest level on your screen. To return to manual review and seeking "Click n Fight"-system: If you select your enemy attack icons should appear in the upper right corner left with their heroes with every spell or attack that can be converted to the selected destination. So if you select a friendly unit of healing spells pop-up and you can click on icons.

Shift + TAB select in invalidate form, first the weakest. You can utilize the mouse to access what you pass on to as the "special skill" below icons portrait of a character. Are contextual to be even more useful, depending on whether you have an enemy, an ally or yourself "selected. SF2 point and choose system is one of the simplest systems to all, only because of these and other features, the control.

If I'm struggling (either because you click on an enemy or because one had and started to fight) in the skill icons do not appear on the top of the screen and there is no easy way to use the current target. If you select a target throughout the form below make it appears and I can use them against the current target. In the first case still appears in the bottom of the screen, but those that require you to click on you Target to apply the skill. The current goal could not be 'stronger' and could not be near the strongest tab to click then change the destination. Basically I find it difficult to fight tactically. It looks more like a free for all.

That is the element of real time strategy, or more specifically, the "real time" bits. It just takes practice to get used to, but it is common to the genre, any genre with "real time" included. Of course, not everyone's cup of tea. I grew up playing in shifts and still much prefer it to real time when the election comes, which rarely today. I played some games that just suck in terms of maintaining control because the computer can so easily "cheat", which is capable of managing more many things at once. Some might argue you need to "trick" to compensate for their limited AI, but that's where good design comes in being able to present the player with a challenge without frustrating them. That individual tolerance varies, but this game really is one of the best types of real time control on the market. Is varied enough to suit most tastes so there's a better chance of finding the control method that best suits you.

If the army halted are stopped by default and cannot keep the field, so you have to press the H key, so every time they are attacked they will fight. Now, if I understand correctly if you manually select an enemy with the cursor not No Click the 'Fight for issuing options and attack? If so it is rather strange! I do not remember if the distance plays a role similar to that SF1 where if you were too far from the enemy cannot attack or cast. SF2 do not remember if it works the same way. Does that happen even if you select enemies near you?