Thread: Steam shows black screen with cursor for Crasher

Steam shows black screen with cursor for Crasher

Today I have observed that the Steam which I have installed in my computer was downloading Crasher over again, indicating that it was updated. Following launching the game all I obtain is a black screen as well as cursor, along with a few background melodies. What was this actually? What is wrong with the Steam? Below are my computer specifications.
    • Producer: TOSHIBA
    • CPU: Intel Corei5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz
    • RAM: 4 GB RAM
    • HDD: 300 GB
    • Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
    • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Re: Steam shows black screen with cursor for Crasher

The steam is not downloading the game but it is just downloading or may be updating the game or may be an update pack. You don’t need to worry about it if it is downloading properly. The black screen you are getting may be due to you having interfered with the steam download and some of the files might get misplaced. So due to incomplete update the game just showing the black screen. If you can download or update the game via steam once again then do it and see how it will work. Furthermore after the completion of download do not launch the game directly. Restart the computer and then go for further things.

It seems to me that you are still using the integrated graphics with your computer so due to this the game cannot able to run on your computer. However I don’t know about the Intel processor on your computer. That is a latest Intel processor and it may work perfectly. Usually the Steam downloaded games does not get this kind of issue. If it is showing the black screen then there is obviously something is missing in your computer.

You are telling that you will notice a black screen, cursor and can hear music. This means that the game is functioning correctly but the only problem is the lobby screen is not appearing on the steam or may be on your system’s display. Check the monitor resolution settings and compare it with the game resolution. I hope that there is also an in-game option to change the resolution of the game. Furthermore check that the graphics drivers are working correctly on your computer and they are up-to-date.

It seems to me like it is some kind of bug in the game. If this is so then you might need to send the "output_log_short.txt" file to the crasher support team. You can get that file in Crasher_Data" folder. Also check that you are using the latest version of Steam. If you are still on the older steam then it may not run the game properly. Does your steam is capable to play other game? Contact the Steam support team and what they will offer you regarding that issue.

Have you tried the different monitor or different graphics card for that game. If not yet then you should try with that first. Sometime the game might not be compatible with the game. Also try different monitor settings like refresh ratio, resolution, aspect ratio etc. Make certain changes and experiment with your game. if still it showing the black screen then i think that you need to re-download or re-install the entire game by uninstall the current game files and settings. It may solve the problem sometime.