Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011

Browser opens when the Crasher game closes

Yesterday I have bought the new game called Crasher. I have installed this game in my computer and started playing without any issue. The game doesn?t require much system resources to play. I love to play this game because I have been looking for this kind of game from the long time. After 2 hours of play I closed the game and suddenly a browser opens and goes to the game official site. I thought this was for the first time. Because many games does this way when I first play the game after the installation. But in this game whenever I close the game, same things happens. It?s really annoying for me. Does this have any solution?
Old 02-04-2011

Re: Browser opens when the Crasher game closes

It is not the issue of the only one game but many games are doing the same way like one you are currently having. Some time the game opens an official page after closing but sometimes the game opens some kind of third party website for the purpose of advertisement. This is a default behavior of the game and you cannot change it somehow. Some of the most popular developer or publisher games like EA or Ubisoft does not contain this kind of issue.
Old 02-04-2011

As far as I know that only the demo version of games opens the website or the browser after you close the game or after the completion of installation. The demo version game opens a webpage showing or prompting you to get a full version of game in order to get more experience of the game. This is a good feature in the game which will regularly encourages the gamer to buy the full version of game or any other games from the same developer or publisher. I really like this feature because I get to know about the latest games like this way.
Old 02-04-2011

I have seen that some of the games contain option to disable that feature during the installation or after the installation. You should configure it properly if you can get similar one. Otherwise there will not be any other way to disable or fix this thing. It is some kind of design by the developers or publishers for the publicity purpose. If the game opens only one page then there will not be any issue. If the game opens several pages after the closing, then it would be really frustrating for anyone.
Old 02-04-2011

I have seen this kind of thing in some third party games or some free games which you have downloaded from the internet or from the third party website. However I didn?t think that this issue also exists in such a good game Crasher. If the game opens the official page then you don?t need to worry about it much. If the game opens any third party website then this could be annoying problem. One thing you can do to avoid this and that is to block the URL of the page which it opens. To block the URL you can either use the firewall program or the browser inbuilt privacy features. But this thing cannot avoid opening the browser but it will not open any page.
Old 06-04-2011

As someone said the best way to avoid that issue is blocking the URL or page which it opens. Other than this I don?t think that there is any in-game option to modify that. If it there then you can get it in the in-game menu. Otherwise block that page by using the URL. If you have a good firewall or antivirus program then it might have option to put the URL list as blocked page. Like this way the system prevents the game by opening any of the pages. Otherwise you should play the game in offline mode by disconnecting the internet from the computer.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,