View Poll Results: Spellforce 2 MMO- Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

1 100.00%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%

Thread: Spellforce 2 - Shadow wars MMORPG

Spellforce 2 - Shadow wars MMORPG

I know what you're thinking, but honestly, if you think about it, this game could be a MMO very impressive if done right. But that is a big if. But the game is extremely massive that I think World of Warcraft might stop in their tracks. The story lines are amazing. Game and the character feels is one breath. I do not know about you, but an MMO of this game is absolutely amazing. What’s your opinion about this?

Re: Spellforce 2 - Shadow wars MMORPG

As much as it bores me senseless, WoW has a moment too long to be left on the issues. Like other popular MMO before, if you pulled out of the top slot, then it will most likely be a gradual process. Meanwhile, companies have launched a million in the development of MMO and do not get that, however, many do not expect and some simply disappear without ever taking off. There are too necessary for success in a fickle public and WoW had a good start with their Warcraft franchise, followed by success greatly by helping the ball rolling. There are more than that, I'm sure, but they present huge obstacles for other companies to get past if you wanted to replace the top slot. There are still profits obtained, even with mediocre MMOs, or not exist, but let's not get carried away by the sales pitch.

In fact, most MMO retail outlets are the massive war or large scale Player versus player. One might wonder what SP POS MMO would be? It comes to mind for some time about the possibility of MMO SP, but rapidly released because in my opinion the best selling point SP is like a mixture of RPG and RTS, and not to state the MCC (an avatar of five heroes). Of which would be tricky to put into practice in the MMO.

SF series has made an important and incredible background to become a MMORPG, picture yourself running through the world of EO experiencing events in history that happened. Would not that be great and an amazing experience?! Probably, but he would not be the same old San Francisco more! Some things are not meant to be. San Francisco has always been, as others have said one thing, a mix of RTS and RPG. Just make it a MMORPG would be kind of meh (if you know what I mean!). JoWooD so if you want to get a new MMORPG based in the SF universe but not in the game, or important story! A different franchise is what I mean, on the basis of EO and its inhabitants, but not the SF history events!

Not everybody pursues the pricing scheme imaginary by 3DO, but apparently we all wish to make money. We as well face the fact that if you have played one that played them all, more or less if you are an elf fighting rats, a hero fighting against bullies or whatever. Game play is always the same routine of killing a gazillion something’s in their possession enough cousin-is-better-than-Toon group just so they can reach the next level and be able to fight a gazillion of something equally boring. It's about as far from the innovative idea of a RTS / RPG hybrid SF gave us as you can get. MMOs are a bit like reality television, or a meal your mother (not specifically by the way your mother LOL) do - if you show interest, then we will have a steady diet of the damn thing until you're sick of it. Must be human nature, wondering why innovate when you can copy, mostly. JoWooD Hopefully, if they ever made a MMO, it could think outside the box.

I do not like bubbles burst after a first post, but from your comment I am not sure you understand that this is not actually happening. To be the best MMO I'd need to consider making a MMOG in the first place, then we have to do one and then we would be seen before reaching such a conclusion. 6 out of 15 people who care to comment that as a SF MMOG so asks you how likely it is to happen. Not impossible, sure, but it will not meet the definition with the game of so few.