Thread: Widescreen resolution in SpellForce 2 - Shadow

Widescreen resolution in SpellForce 2 - Shadow

To use a widescreen resolution in force Spell 2 has to manually edit the configuration file located in My Documents \ SpellForce2 \ config.xml "If you do not recognize how already opened XML documents, click them and choose" open with "and then select Notepad or some text program. In order to maintain resetting the game changes each time you start and finish the game, right click on config.xml properties and then select the Security tab. If you do not include a Security tab and then return to "My Documents \ SpellForce2" location, click "Tools / Folder Options" and then choose the View tab. Scroll to the bottom and deselect "Use simple file sharing." You now have a Security tab. Once in the safety data sheet for each user are different user groups and Deny check box to "write" this will prevent the game to change the contents of this file. Do it for every user group. In order to edit the same file, just uncheck the option to make changes later deny all over again.

Re: Widescreen resolution in SpellForce 2 - Shadow

I am making use of Windows XP and not Vista to start. Here is my delemar. I appear to be capable to sprint 1024x780 resolutions. this whole thing that is offered. after that I edit my file. But as you saying it is changing again. So I try to do what they have said. basically my system not contain security tab. so after that I followed your instructions to make one. When will I see there is no box that says? it Use easy file sharing. Or similar thing likes that. So I am not able to observe a security tab. What I do is edit the file you tried to give me 1920 x1080. My machine is definitely going to arrange I have a 5000 +, 4 gigs of RAM and an 8800 GTX card. To say the least, I really do not want to play this game in the resolution is giving me shit. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello according to me in the game, these values are not displayed correctly, and when you go to video options and try to look and then click "ok", then the changes made in config.xml will be deleted! So just play around with their values changed, then exit the game, and take a look at the config.xml, if values remain. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. If you found some interesting solution then please share with us thank you.

I have Windows 7 and I reinstalled SF2 Shadow Wars. It installed very well, other than when I follow the information here to modify the screen resolution that the game will not start. I obtain no errors not anything just a white screen and then for a moment. Any help would be respected here. I know that this game probably is not compatible with Windows 7, but could someone please help anyway? In addition, if I obtain Dragon Storm resolutions will the widescreen gaming support, afterward?

Do initiate the game first not including any modification to any XML-file to confirm its running and installation went fine. Do sprint as administrator if u previously did some modification to config.xml - after that just delete the file and initiate the game. It will identify best possible game settings and reconstruct the config.xml. No DS put together into SW, so it’s theoretically the similar engine etc. They together make use of the similar config.xml, so you would have to modify it manually as well.