Thread: Installation concerns on SpellForce 2 Dragon Storm

Installation concerns on SpellForce 2 Dragon Storm

I was wondering if anyone can help, I received Dragon Storm this morning in the post and I have one slight problem, it won't install .The installation is saying that it couldn't find a valid installation of Spellforce 2 - Shadow Wars and it isn't giving me the option to point it to the install directory. This error message occurs even when the original Spellforce 2 is installed in the default directory. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Installation concerns on SpellForce 2 Dragon Storm

I have made a fix. Just download the attachment, open it in notepad, change the entry for "Install location" to your real SpellForce 2 install location on your system, save the file and double click it and click yes. And that is the reason why I didn’t faced any issues while installing the game. So what I want you to do is the same thing and I am sure that it will surely help you solve the issue and you can then install the game on the system.

No valid Installation of spellforce 2 - shadow wars found. Please reinstall spellforce2 from the original DVD. And I have EU OEM version of old shadow wars, and I tried the fix and it doesn’t help in any shape or form. Don’t know if it’s a Vista issue or OEM issue. But with my old xp I keep running to the same problem with the fix. I and it was the similar kind of issue on my system and I did the same to get rid of the problem here.

I am certain that's what's causing this entire problem. I have always had headaches with their games. When I got SF2 - everything was okay, aside from the annoying bugs here and there quests I couldn't complete, etc. I beat the game either way, and decided to mess around with the internet gaming part. This worked fine for awhile, then suddenly started showing Failed: Error code 1 messages - I thought the server was just down but they never went away. Then I went and got the update, against my better judgment, I guess, and now it says it can't find an SF2 installation. So I went back through the annoying installation process and I guess are also going through the similar kind of case and if you need to solve the issue here then you just have do the similar kind of thing.

I have installed each file individually and made the correction to them where accordingly with the same error which is No Valid Installation of SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars Found. Please reinstall Spell Force 2 from your Original DVD. At this moment in time my CPU is 2.09Gb AMD XP2600 and Xpert Vision 6600GT 256Mb AGP Graphic Card with XP Pro 32bit not 64bit. And see how the things goes I am sure it will help you to solve the issue.