Thread: "iw3mp.exe has stopped working” error message with Call of Duty 4

"iw3mp.exe has stopped working” error message with Call of Duty 4

I am having a Dell latitude laptop, this is running with windows 7 OS. I recently installed Call of Duty 4 video game in my system, though this was running fine till the last night, but suddenly from this morning I encountered a problem with the game, after launch the game it flashes a error message into the screen “iw3mp.exe has stopped working”. I can’t understand for what this is occurring for the game or for other operating system related files? Any one from here can suggest me to resolve this issue.

Re: "iw3mp.exe has stopped working” error message with Call of Duty 4

I think this is simply occurring for the other graphics related application those are installed in your system, because I was also encountered this problem in system in just few weeks back, after that when I searched on this I found this is simply occurring for the graphics program like the screen saver or the other visual effects program. So if in your system also there is similar type of program then go through this one, it will definitely help you to figure out the problem.

This might also be occurring for the game itself, though this was also happened with me, after that when I first encountered this I searched on different web site and along with also applied many of the given tricks but nothing was helped, after that with a very imply procedure I resolve this issue. Open process tab under task manager and then from the drop down list kill the process execution of the game an restart again from file>>new process. Try it.

I am also facing a relevant type of issue with this same game Call of Duty 4 video game. Though this is also appearing this same error message whenever I open launch the game, and along with the system stopped responding with the other respective application, like with the graphics program. Though in my case it shows another message with the original error message, that windows is not allowed you to run the game, which is corrupted, I scan the whole system with up to dated antivirus program , but did not found any such virus file. Now what to do now to figure out this problem?

I think this is happening with you for the operating system itself, though any one of the file from OS or the game is messed with the other file, in that case I would like to suggest you to repair the windows version, this will remove the corrupted file if this sir form the operating system, boot your system with the os installation disc and from the installation beginning windows click on repair option. Wait till the process completes and reboots the system automatically. Go through this, I hope this will surely help you.

If the above mentioned processes are did not help you to figure out the problem then I recommend you the last and affective process, remove the game and also remove the other files of this game from windows registry editor and from the temporary folder. Now reboot your system and run the fresh installation, this is termed as the last and ultimate solution of these type of issue.