Thread: Connection timed out problem in Lord of the rings Battle for Middle Earth2

Connection timed out problem in Lord of the rings Battle for Middle Earth2

Hi, I am having a log in problem with the Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth2 game. I Am having a home wireless network with two computers connected .I have installed the game in both the computers. In the multiplayer mode when I selected network and created an account to host the game. now when my friend tried to join the game and selected join game, it shows the error message displaying “connection timed out”. I tried again to join the game but I got the same message .can anybody tell me what is the problem.

Re: Connection timed out problem in Lord of the rings Battle for Middle Earth2

I think you are having problem with the network that you have connected to. Are you using a wireless router for your home wireless network or you have directly connected both the machines using peer to peer connection. I suggest you to check the ip address and the fire wall settings in both the machines .go to the network connection and check that whether you have enabled the internet connection on both the machines.Having checked it all now try to make connection ,am sure it will work.

If you are having a connection problem then you can try connecting after disabling the firewall of your computers. Sometimes it might happen that due to high level security settings the connection fails. Moreover you have used the same CD to install the game in both the computers using the same CD key. This could be one reason that is preventing you to join the game .You need two separate CD keys to play a game in a network. For this you can download a CD key online for both the computers. But this CD key will not work online.

I suggest you to reconfigure your IP settings and if you are using the router then you reconfigure your routers port forward in the router itself.To do this proceed as start key + "R"
    and type cmd ,press Enter. By doing this you enter the dos window. Type ipconfig and again press enter .you will see the Ip address of your router.Once you have acquired this you can enter into the browser,your default userId and password should be Username: admin
    Password: password. For further instruction I need your router name and model.

Thank you to all for your suggestions and replies. The reason that I was not being able to play Lord of the rings Battle for the middle earth was because of the problem in my computer. The Wireless network driver got corrupted and and due to this it was unable detect connection and remained dormant.I reinstalled my WiFi driver and now I am able to play using WiFi as well as LAN. Thanx again!