Thread: Crysis 2 is giving invalid serial code message on installation

Crysis 2 is giving invalid serial code message on installation

After buying Crysis 2 from the local store, I tried to install it on my pc. I came to the activation tab and then entered the serial number that was provided inside the card but after entering it I got an error message that states "The serial number you entered is invalid. Contact customer support for more information". Now I dont think that I have got the wrong serial key. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: Crysis 2 is giving invalid serial code message on installation

There are some steps that you need to follow to redeem the code. You need to first login to Origin with the EA account that you want your game added to. After that click on the Origin menu on the left side and then choose "Redeem Product Code." Now enter the serial key from the back of your game maual and see if that works for you. Crysis 2 will be added to your "My Games" section of Origin.

Re: Crysis 2 is giving invalid serial code message on installation

You can even try to redeem your serial key on the website. Just go to activate.ea.com and then login with your EA or Origin account information. After that enter your product code on the Redeem Your Code page. Since this is a new game so you dont need to go to this web address https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do, where older games such as The Sims 2, Spore or any other titles can be redeemed.

Did you ensure that you had typed the CD key code properly while activating the game? Even after entering the code you might have to go back to options and then click on Refresh My Games before the game will show up in Origin. If that does not make the game show in your "My Games" section then you need to log out and then log back in to Origin to view it.