Thread: Shift 1 had better physics handling then Shift 2 Unleashed

Shift 1 had better physics handling then Shift 2 Unleashed

I was excited to try to Turn 2 last night with my Logitech G25 wheel and Play seat on the PS3, what a total disappointment. The car handling is like driving a boat in the ocean. Cars just float around the track and drive as if they were connected to a pole in the center. There is no sense of tire grip. Some cars are even worse, but all fall short. You must turn the wheel beyond normal way to make your car turn. While driving along a straight stretch that should turn the wheel back and forth 50 degrees in each direction every second just to keep it out of the shooting range. He spent two hours trying to adjust the settings to improve handling, no joy. I was not expecting a total racing simulator, but this is sad. The game has some good points, but driving is not one of them. Given that driving your car is 99.9% of the game, which is a show stopper for me. I think the management at Time 1 to be better and that's not saying much. All the good parts, such as helmet camera and breaking sensation of being thrown forward in the seat cannot be enjoyed by the terrible driving physics. I think it would be better to use a driver in front of a wheel. A good FFB wheel only improves the physical ill. A true arcade game with no sign of the simulation. Lost my $ in this case. No more Slightly Mad for me. I do not mind an arcade driving game, but this simply is not any fun for a gallery or corridor SIM.

Re: Shift 1 had better physics handling then Shift 2 Unleashed

It's really important that you adjust the sensitivity level of SPEED in 50 or 100. In the advanced settings of the wheel. I had the same problem you describe, and with this configuration, which reduce the bouncing lot. It seems that the default settings, even when choosing a wheel, are made for damn gamepad. And I will add that Dirt 2 is an arcade game, but management is 10000000 better time than Need for Speed 2. Mario kart more closely related to the road of this game. With its wide range of wheel lock (900) simply add to the insult, you need to turn more than you really need in real life. Obviously, this game is all about graphics, gamepad and adolescents.

Here I just wish to add something. You can set the lock. I think it's in the tuning. (Too new, I do not remember for sure). Physics is better. Each individual car feels more distinctly than before. It's just that the "stock" suspension tuning is much more like a car in real settings. Most of the difficulty of feeling can be set out. And that's the way it should be. A showroom stock car not to drive like a car date.

I just box up my copy and is on its way back to Amazon for a refund. It will take more than a patch to fix the physics engine pitiful. Back to GT5 and my Sims PC. Call me weird, but took a liking to my car moving in the direction to turn the wheel. I know that you can set the wheels lock, its exactly my point, you can use select 900 degrees of rotation, but it is obvious that the game doesn’t support, you need to make 2 full turn of the wheel to actually enter a corner. I do not know if they have played some real good racing game SIM but not the way we should handle.

Here I also must add something as I play this game and just like this game very much. I completely have the same opinion with the OP. Turn 1 was much better driving physics. This feels too Arcady, light, and only inaccurate all together - breaking points are far and brakes, bad. OK, then you are saying that there is an advanced area to tune the wheel? I could not find. What can be regulated?

Everyone complaining regarding this has up till now to adjust their cars. Have come to the track with a race car and sail a boat. I am certain that everybody her e knows that cars are made to go straight to the track for 20k. This is how these cars to drive. As someone with extensive knowledge of all that the racetrack guarantee that these cars are doing on the tracks would happen if conducted in the same way in real time.