Thread: NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: The Worst Handling Game on a Controller

NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: The Worst Handling Game on a Controller

I truthfully am about to quit this game. I attempted all day to obtain these cars to switch properly, and I'm at a loss. The cars just float on the subject, and it is very frustrating. I should not be in a fully modified race car, and when I turn right, leaving the car curve will oscillate back and forth through the entire track surface. I feel like this is something that cannot be fixed through a patch, and probably will return this game. Does anyone else feel the same about this game?

Re: NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: The Worst Handling Game on a Controller

I use a modified G25 wheel set. But I also feel the driving physics are far away. I do not know how to describe what is happening, but it seems that the model of physics that began with a good start, and then just been tuned. slip angles are too large at first, but something is going to slow corners as well. It is as if only one address entry is started only once, but as the grinding wheel is increased exponentially. Steering does not seem linear. Not sure this is the case, but it seems that there is not much here. What I find strange is how the physics feel much degraded from the original change.

I think the direction is too sensitive for the drivers, I think that are the main issue. In the D-class racing, which was using the Chevy Colbalt SS and had no management problem because the car was slow? As soon as I did the first lap heat races, I began to see that high performance cars are very sensitive about the direction and it is too difficult or almost impossible to be as sensitive to the analog sticks on the Xbox 360 controllers.

I had the same "swaying, tail wagging; to disconnect the automatic control of stability seems to help. The output direction of a corner is too sensitive; it seems to oversteer at the exit. I am using a G27 and had to modify the settings a bit because the G27 also appears more sensitive in the center. Establish a small dead zone management (3%) so when I want straight line is what you get. Set to 460 degrees and 60% force feedback, FFB 100% results in my struggle against the wheel, FFB is a bit too strong in a G27, but it feels very nice. Adjust the velocity sensitivity of 33% in the hope that the steering sensitivity is lower at higher speeds, it seems that way. Of course, some of these settings are not applied equally to a controller.

I cannot help as much as I am not able to get the game for two days, but I found the same problem in Shift. If you are finding the car moving back and forth try to reduce the sensitivity of the direction tuning section. If not enough oversteer at low speeds its attempt to tinker with it along with oversteers / under steer options. If its twitchiness getting too much out of the curves decreases oversteer tuning. I aspects are two things helped the Gumpert Apollo and Ford GT.

I agree the handling is the worst I've seen. I've been playing GT5 for the past months and this is a huge change. But the manipulation should not be as bad as it is. I feel like I'm on a cloud or traction to the wheels without tires. The management absolutely sucks! It is destroying the game for me now. What's better than this patch? The first change was not so bad. I am using the driver too much for you to know. I think if I was utilizing a wheel off, probably try to keep the car straight. Very disappointed in this game.