Thread: NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: Distinct delay when the wheel is physically turned

NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: Distinct delay when the wheel is physically turned

I was very excited to get my copy today. I even took my Gallardo to GameStop to pick it up. I decided to do it for the PS3 in its place of PC, but now I am feeling sorry. I have a Driving Force GT, which spots the game, but that's all. The controls are awful. I played with the entire settings wheel steering, and at a standstill cannot get it to work properly. The main problem is the absolute delay. There is a different delay for when the wheel is physically turned, and when the wheel turns in the game. I daresay it's almost 1 sec delay! Once again, I've been playing with the settings to "fix" this problem, and nothing is helping. I'm sure you can imagine how difficult it is to manage the game with that kind of delay. It's literally impossible. Another problem I'm finding is that the game is not worth more than 180 degrees of wheel rotation. While not seem that big of a deal is still a bit disappointing.

Re: NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: Distinct delay when the wheel is physically turned

I too am having problems with my DFP and Change 2 (PS3). I noticed that cars behave almost as a personal watercraft while using the wheel. They tend to float the whole way. It is almost impossible to drive in a straight line at high speeds. I tried to fool with the settings (high sensitivity, low sensitivity) and honestly do not seem to change at all. I'll keep playing with them and hope that I or anyone else can reach a solution. I just hope that does not go waiting for a patch.

I found something. First make sure that you have driving style set to experience (without assistance in the braking or steering.) Then near the bottom of the address configuration (advanced) are "address block" and "Block Address (drift)." They are automatically set to 360. Change that to 900. The DFGT is 900 degrees by turning the steering wheel radio so we need to change the settings to reflect that. So far you can drive in a straight line at high speeds. I'll still work on the sensitivity setting.

I've been trying different things since I posted this thread. Configurations too numerous to list. Nothing really working the way it should be (nowhere even close to iRacing, or a real car). Still have to delay HUGE though. If you want to try to see if you have it easy. Bring the car to a stop. Make sure your hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel. Turn the steering wheel. Display signaling delay. It extreme. Now, all the struggles and ruin our brains to determine the appropriate setting for our wheels can be completely useless. Because of this delay, it is likely that gives us this horrible feedback while driving, even if our values are configured something decently. I picked up the game until around 11:00 am today, and I delivered at 6:00 pm. 7 hours of experimentation, and really is not much to show for it. Looks like a great game, but both the configuration of the wheel, delay, or the horrible physical (and a combination of all) really ruin a lot of people.

Where is the excitement, the thrill of the race? Now I have more than 950 cars from the loading times are so slow that I cannot be bothered with it. I'm rubbish at racing games, although I love GT5 for me is very easy, and GT5 is Rubberbanding arcades does in my book (not that that's a bad thing because it makes it easier for me to win) Series Time for me is much more difficult due to the lack handling. I low I think because I've been spoiled, and that has gaming consoles and driving career was over XBOX for 4 years or less , and expected more from the GT series, like most other riders who are a damn sight better me. Now obviously have not seized Shift 2 because I'm in the UK, so I cannot judge, no my opinion is for anything.

Here I just add something. I have DFGT. I changed the brake lever 720 and steering sensitivity and 70%, the dead zone of 3% and have been good to me. I love this game. Got to level 15. I think the use of DFGT in this game is more fun than GT5 even thought the FFB is not as strong. The way we have to adjust the wheel to correct the driving line is a little more realistic than GT5. But physics is not as good as GT5.