Thread: Change the In game resolution of Starcraft 2

Change the In game resolution of Starcraft 2

Recently I have installed PC version of Starcraft 2 in my computer. I liked this game very well. It is divide into 3 installments: the foundation game by means of the caption Wings of Liberty, and 2 future expansion packs are Heart of the Swarm as well as Legacy of the Void. After installing the game I went to play. At the beginning I didn’t liked the game resolution. So I changed the game resolution in my computer and also in game option menu. After that I again started the game but the problem is the game is still running in it default resolution. What can I do for this now?

re: Change the In game resolution of Starcraft 2

The game will be capable to make use of whichever existing resolution that it be able to notice like obtainable from your graphics card as well as monitor drivers. If you are not capable to run a exact resolution on your PC, it might not be probable to accomplish so depending on your hardware and/or software arrangement. You might wish for to ensure your hardware documents to realize what resolutions your system’s hardware can run by the side of. Other than this you have to also make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of DirectX as well as video drivers.

Ensure you have drivers in support of your sound as well as video hardware that hold up the edition of DirectX you are departing to install. If you are not certain the drivers shore up the edition of DirectX you are intended to install ask with the corporation that manufactured the sound as well as video hardware for further information. If the hardware approached with a PC you purchased in that case get in touch with the PC maker. If you still not able to find the solution then you might need to contact the hardware support technician.

Its times similar to these I overlook Nvidia, except I am utilizing the integrated or we called on-board graphics on top of the 945gm express chipset (Intel 950 graphics media accelerator). There are preferences beneath 'panel fit': 'Full Screen (no edge)', Middle Desktop' as well as ‘Uphold Aspect Ratio'. By default it is chosen Full Screen (no edge) which obviously doesn't resolve the trouble, though, while I attempt to modify some settings in the system control panel regarding the monitor, aspect ratio, Direct X and other graphics related settings they merely come back to the default preference ahead running Starcraft 2.

I think that the game is running on your computer depending on your system’s hardware, software and drivers capability. The game might have some kind of capability which can automatically notice or recognizes the system specification and run according to it so that there will not be any compatibility issue between the game and the available resources. At this time no matter what resolution you put to the game, it will only run at default resolution. For this you might need to upgrade your system graphics related resources. If you are still using old monitor it would be better if you get the latest one.

Re: Change the In game resolution of Starcraft 2

I believe that there must be an ini otherwise a cfg file which stores the game settings. You might be capable to situate a custom resolution for your game. Sometimes it might not be possible for your set the resolution of your own and at this time you might need to alter the Registry but this is not an easiest task. However I have a small solution and it may work for you. Inside file called "Starcraft.bat" You need to put the following code.
    For 32-bit
    Code:
    taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
    "C:\Program Files\Starcraft\StarCraft.exe"
    start explorer.exe"
    For 64-bit
    Code:
    taskkill /f /IM "explorer.exe"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft\StarCraft.exe"
    start explorer.exe