Thread: Do I need to forward any ports while playing worms reloaded?

Do I need to forward any ports while playing worms reloaded?

My question is very simple. I play the game worms reloaded a lot and the game just seems to amaze me. Now the issue is that when I try to play the game with some other people a problem occurs. What happens is that sometimes people join a match and it says just reflects that the game is no longer available or sometimes I suddenly get kicked or they get kicked .I don’t know how it happens .So my question is that do I have to forward some ports? Please reply to this query immediately.

Re: Do I need to forward any ports while playing worms reloaded?

I just had a look at your query and would tell you that many of them are facing this problem. I would tell you that the steam website has a support section for the ports required to get steam works working. This you can say is the online function that Worms reloaded uses. So you need to use the same solution and then I am sure that everything will be fine for you. Also do reply to me if the solution works for you.

Thanks a lot for your solutions. I went through your solutions and would like to tell you that I didn’t find the ports that you were talking about. I visited the steam website which had a support section for the ports which is required to get steam works working but was unable to find the ports for worms reloaded. Also I would tell you that with steam I don’t have any problems. Actually what I need is the worms ports for hosting a game. So that is what actually I am looking for.

Actually if you look at this issue closely then you will find that the worms reloaded utilizes a steam works for network games .And as it utilizes a steam works for network games you need the correct ports for steam works to make the worms reloaded worms work. So I guess that you don’t have to forward any ports while playing worms reloaded. So this is what you need to follow and then I am sure that it will work for you.

Now I am very much clear in my mind on what to do. I actually thought that the worms reloaded uses their own ports and I thought that I need to forward some ports while some people join a match. So I think that all is fine now. Now I just need to correct ports for steam works to make the worms’ reloaded worms work. So I would like to thank you all for all your solutions as they have cleared my mind a lot and has almost solved my problem now.