Thread: Unable to start Microsoft Train Simulator on Windows Vista

Unable to start Microsoft Train Simulator on Windows Vista

Recently I got Microsoft Train Simulator and installed it on my windows Vista running system. It got installed without any trouble and error. It even started after I clicked on the icon to play. But as soon as it reaches the menu page of the game, it seems to stop working and freezes on the menu page. What could be the trouble with the game? I really want some solution for this problem as I really wish to play the game. Please someone help me out in making it possible to play the game on my system. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to start Microsoft Train Simulator on Windows Vista

According to me there is some problem with the installation of the game, there is a possibility of some game files getting corrupted. I would suggest you to uninstall the game. Delete all the files related to the game. And then try to install it again. I feel that your system might be infected by virus cause of which your game files might have got corrupted. Scan your system. Always remember to update the virus database of your respective antivirus to keep your system protected from getting infected by virus. Hope it helps you out.

I scanned my system and fortunately I did not find any virus in it. I even tried playing game in the computability mode with windows XP but it still do the same thing. I even uninstalled the game and tried reinstalling it, but it is not working only. Now it has started with this new set of problem. While uninstalling it shows initializing setup and then the uninstall closes without any further detail. Now the game is just eating my disk space and it’s just installed in my system but I can’t play it nor can I uninstall it.

As you said that the game would freeze up in the menu page, it might be possible that some sort of hardware conflict is hampering the game. I would suggest you to check whether you have the latest drivers (especially sound driver and graphics driver) on your system. Unless you have any drivers issue your game won’t freeze on the menu page of the game. Also check if the game is compatible with your antivirus or any other installed programs. Sometime it happens that a given program won’t work along with the other and then cause bad performance of the program (in your case your game).

I also faced this problem some time back. I had the issue because of DirectX. So I would suggest you to download DirectX from its official site and install the latest version in your system. Restart your computer when prompted. I would also suggest you to disable your sound card for a while and then enable it again. You can do this by right clicking on the My computer icon on the desktop and clicking on the properties option. A new window will appear. Select the Hardware tab and then click on Device manager. Now Right click on the Sound driver option and select disable and click Ok. Enable it after some time or after restarting your system. After doing all this check if the problem still exist with your game.