Thread: Virus Affecting Crysis 2 setup?

Virus Affecting Crysis 2 setup?

Hello friends I have brought this game Crysis 2 from a friend of mine in order to get to know what is much hype about this game, but the problem is that when I installed the game I found that there was no icon of the game on the desktop. Then I tried to play it through the programs and found that it was automatically started to patch, but after getting it patch I found that it was AVG pop up coming up as virus Win32/Heur. So can someone help me to know that is this is due to a virus or is it something else.

Re: Virus Affecting Crysis 2 setup?

I think that if you are getting an error which is surely related to the virus so I think that there is a possibility that it could be the virus that was affecting the game which is not able to load the game. Since you have got the AVG antivirus program running on your system which is why you are able to get the virus with the game. So it will be better if you can first scan the system with the help of a antivirus program so that it will be able to remove each and every bad portion of the memory from the system.

Dude try reinstalling the Crysis 2 game onto your system and then see if you are able to get game to installed and run easily after that, what I think that there could be a problem with the game not be able to installed perfectly on your system and that is why it would be resulting in some file missing which is why you are unable to load the game even after the patch, so try to reinstall the game and see if you are able to get the game to run easily after that.

Hey what you should do is that you will have to open the AVG and at top select tools and go to advance and then move to resident shield and then excluded items after that click over it and add path or add file to install folder/exe and finally click apply. This will surely help you to solve the problem with the error that you are getting while installing the game.

Hey the Win32/Heur error that you are getting is not related to some sort of a virus but it is related to some Windows file in the Win 32 folder which may be either missing or might have been corrupted, so if after going through all the solutions still you are not getting the game to run properly than you will have to format the system and reinstall the fresh copy of the operating system.