Thread: Why steam key is not working for me in Assassins creed brotherhood

Why steam key is not working for me in Assassins creed brotherhood

I recently bought Assassins creed brotherhood from Steam with a gift card that I had registered. After getting the game and installing it, I went on further to link it to a Ubisoft account with the CD key. But when I click on the "Exclusive Content" in the game then it gives me an error message that states "This code has already been used." Now what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Why steam key is not working for me in Assassins creed brotherhood

Even I was facing this same issue in my Assassins creed 2 series of game. But when I downloaded the latest Ubisoft launcher from their official website then everything worked fine. You should go to their website and then download and install the launcher in your computer. After installation you just need to type in the CD key and then start the game from Ubisoft normally.

Re: Why steam key is not working for me in Assassins creed brotherhood

Can you try to clear the game cache and see if that works. To do that open Steam in admin mode and then go to its Library section and right click on the game and choose Properties from the menu. Now you need to choose Local Fules Tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button. Once the process is completed then try to launch the game again and see it working.

Even I was facing this problem but later I was able to solve it on my MAC computer. To do that open Finder and then go into the game folder - /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Assassins Creed Brotherhood/
    and look out for Brotherhood.app and select"Show Package Contents". Now go to Contents/MaxOS. Now you need to delete DELETE scimitar_sf and then launch Steam and verify the game cache again.