Thread: What does 3DFX emulation will do on the new GeForce 4

What does 3DFX emulation will do on the new GeForce 4

I heard that there is a new 3DFX support on the new GeForce 4 series card. Right now there are ample of gaming engines which come integrated with the game. So does there is really a need of such graphic emulator on the gpu itself. I found that this has a power to improve the performance and visual quality of latest game's on the modern PCs. I just want to share views on the same on the game support and output. Does there is really a need for the same. I prefer to buy a new graphic card after a couple of years when the technology changes.

Re: What does 3DFX emulation will do on the new GeForce 4

It is clear enough that todays modern PC need a much higher support for the high graphic video game. One of the example is Crysis. If you do not have a 3DFX support then you might get a lower support. What I found that it is for accelerating the graphic performance of old games. It is an emulator to give a 3D output for the older games. And it does not work in most of the systems. Todays new graphic card are already equipped with a better high graphic technology that you can see. Nvidia is a leader in the same.

What I know is that todays system which are equipped with processors like Intel Core i3 or higher really does not need 3DFX. Rightnow new gpu are much more better and they have a high processing ability to render 3D games. 3DFX is usually recommend for older system. You might be aware about DirectX or OpenGL APIs. They are graphic emulators which are designed to render better graphics on the older game. But today on the motherboard itself you get a high video ram which deals with the game and graphics.

3DFX is a pretty useful updates for for fans of classic games like the first Tomb Raider, GTA and Unreal Tournament. If you have a latest computer you really do not need the same. Most classic games run well on older machines. These games do not recognize the graphics card and disable graphical effects of the blow or even fall back to software mode, so no 3D acceleration. So this is just an emulator support and for a better video game you must get a good gpu support for your shift.