Thread: Alien Breed: Evolution Game refuses to load

Alien Breed: Evolution Game refuses to load

I was part of the beta-testing the game worked perfectly fine. However, since the beta ended I updated my graphics card and now the full game does not run. During the beta there was a GeForce 8600. Now I'm utilizing an ATI Radeon HD 4800 and when I start the game then I am getting the usual "Preparing to launch Alien Breed: ... Impact window that displays of steam. Then vanishes and the game does not load.

Re: Alien Breed: Evolution Game refuses to load

It seems like your machine has something wrong with the PhysX. Since I switched from Nvidia to ATI, I'd suggest checking if you still have things like PhysX installed, might have been removed when you uninstall the old drivers. Also, because they were part of the beta-test, perhaps you still have old beta versions of the game around in the steam folder messing things up?

The point that is failing is the first time you try to use PhysX after trying to initialize. A failure here usually means that the initialization does not PhysX. Please could you try running
    • race SteamApps \ common \ alien episode evolution_ 1 \ Binaries \ windows \ UE3Redist.exe

That can be found in the Steam client folder. If this was successful in installing Alien Breed, which will prompt you to uninstall - click Yes, wait for the uninstallation to finish, and then reboot and run again. If anything goes wrong in the first installation, then you must follow the installation instructions, then try running the game again.

Not too sure what is happening there - the version gets much further beyond the areas where I have seen (and fixed) problems in the past. Could you send me a dxdiag of your machine please? Click the Start button and select Run from the menu. Type dxdiag in the box. Click "Save All Information 'button and send me the file it creates. I hope that this would be helping you!

I think the problem is rising from the exe file that you have used to install this game on your machine. As you have installed this game but it might not have installed properly due to which it is not launching when you click for the same. I think you should get the new exe file of Alien Breed: Evolution and then install it. Check that it works or not, Most probably it should be working.