Thread: Error: Cannot find Worms 2 CD

Error: Cannot find Worms 2 CD

I installed Worms 2 today, and trying to play the game that has the error message "Cannot start CD player." I tried to install the patch with the hope that has solved the problem, and now I get the error "Unable to find Worms 2 CD." I read through the "solution to most problems w2" of the thread and can not find a solution. I have only one CD / DVD on my PC for solutions on the use of a specific unit in that thread will not work. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Re: Error: Cannot find Worms 2 CD

If possible, I suggest you play WA place, and running on the same engine as W2 and the whole thing you can do and extra with the help of RubberWorm (WormKit module), also has bug fixes like this. This is the situation. There are 3 games in the generation of Worms 2: Worms 2, Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party. Everyone runs the same engine with the same (or very similar) graphics, weapons, etc. They all have interesting differences, but the only one that has developed steadily since its launch is Worms Armageddon. Its last update was released in November 2010, which is very recent. This means that it has got compatibility updates, bug fixes and tons of features and third-party official. It also means that communities of the other 2 games (Worms 2 and Worms World Party) have declined significantly as Worms Armageddon has collected most of their players.

You should install Worms 2 to a path that has no spaces, for example:

Invalid paths
    • C:\Program Files\Worms 2
    • C:\Program Files\Worms2

Valid path
    • C:\Worms2

Worms: Armageddon is finer in steadiness and compatibility but so far still it is deficient in a lot of the weapon/option customization that Worms 2 features. Wormkit adds unendorsed latest features in Worms: Armageddons with the latest features brought in modules but there is yet no module to insert all the functionality still limited to Worms 2 and with Wormkit every players you play against online should be with the same modules as each other and the versions of the modules should match (Few exceptions exist).

Even that would be solving your problem if you are not able to hear the CDDA music tracks. You would be able to change the drive letters in the Windows Disk Management.

1. WinKey + R
    2. Enter diskmgmt.msc
    3. Right-click drive
    4. Change Drive Letters and Paths...

Note:
    1) You'll clutter up the paths for additional games and applications that depends on the previous drive letter.

2) All this would be applying to the virtual drives too.