Thread: Worms Armageddon for Mac

Worms Armageddon for Mac

I am Mac user from past many years and I am a big fond of the Apple products. Well I wanted to play Worms Armageddon. But I have found that this particular game is not released for the Mac. Personally I would like to have this particular game on the Mac of mine. I am asking to all of the Mac users to give their precious feedback on this particular thing. I am waiting for the speculation of yours in this matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Worms Armageddon for Mac

As a beginner Team 17 is totally not having any experience regarding the coding on Mac. Well to make a game for Mac they need to approach another publisher. For example Feral Interactive in case of Worms Blast and W3D or Infogrames or Macsoft for WA. I am suspecting that there would be problem for the development of WA for the Mac. Mac user will not be able to play the game until and unless the game is not successfully patched.

Well Mac is coded as same as PC. But there is quite difference in the architecture. There is little bit difference for the compiler. All of the game code can be simply ported to the compiling with the C++ compiler to the Mac compiler. Some parts might be needed to rewritten and also input and output should be redirected in the game. well I have seen that T17 coders are not capable of writing the simple 2D sprite engine for the Mac.

I am thinking that there would be the difference in terms of Open GL and DirectX. But still I am hoping that game would work fine with Open GL. I am not sure all about this but I think I have read all this thing on one of the forum. If there is any other graphic library then I don’t think so it will make the difference in the situation. However the coding of the DircetX and Open GL is quite straightforward if you are simply stick to basic.

Well there would be 3rd party programmer which would be working in the game. I have seen there are lots of publisher in the game who have been bought up in the market. If it is an open source then I think you will be able to compile the executable and I think still you will need the graphic and audio data. You should convert the game and also try to replace with windows executables and libraries which is complied for the Mac.