Thread: Worms Armageddon is not working in HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop

Worms Armageddon is not working in HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop

I have been using the HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop and I am trying to install worms Armageddon game in that. As you know that it is a good artillery based game developed by the Team17. It may not be a game like other but this game available for several platforms now. Following installing the pc version of game i try to launch it (having set the compatibility to Windows XP) except it tries to open however afterward simply crashes telling that worms has stopped functioning. I have installed the most up-to-date drivers but didn’t make it run in my laptop? Can anyone tell me why?

Re: Worms Armageddon is not working in HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop

First of all check that whether the game is compatible to run in Windows XP or not. Some games which were released recently might not work well in windows XP. For that you need to install Windows Vista or Windows 7. My best choice is go for Windows 7 if your computer hardware is compatible to hold and run this operating system. I know that most of the recently released games run well on the Windows 7. However this game is not a graphic rich driver so there will not be any necessary of adding any high end graphic card. For just make sure that the current integrated graphic drivers are up-to-date.

As far as I know that there is no option like running the program in compatibility mode within Windows XP. I think that you have gotten some wrong information regarding this. So far I have seen that only Windows 7 has this option. In that the Microsoft has included this feature for the reason that to run the Windows Vista or XP compatible drivers, games, applications, programs and other things in Windows 7. Windows XP doesn’t include this feature. Have you seen any error message while launching the game? Simply re-install the game and see what you can get.

I think that this issue has been already resolved regarding the game worms Armageddon. The Team17 has already released a patch several months with the intention of to fix several issues along with this. I think that you are not aware about this yet. The patch completely going to fix several game launch, installation issues along with bugs. You need to get that patch from any site and install it your computer.

In spite of its period, Worms Armageddon at rest collects episodic beta updates from 2 programmers (recognized as Deadcode as well as CyberShadow) employed by Team17. These updates concentrate on bugs and compatibility problems, and furthermore put in new features to the game, for instance support intended for a bigger quantity of worms in a game and support meant for arbitrarily-sized color levels. The most recent update is out-of-date on November 16, 2010.

It probably be the compatibility issue with your laptop. As you know that the Windows XP doesn’t have the option like run the game in compatible mode. Have tried other operating system in your laptop? Worms Armageddon is keep on updating frequently by the Team17. In every update they are fixing several bugs and other issues. Along with this they are adding more features to the game. However this game is also available on Playstation and Nintendo but I never heard much issue in them. The majority of the issue found only in Windows OS.