Thread: It is required to have an internet connection to play StarCraft 2?

It is required to have an internet connection to play StarCraft 2?

Well I am big fond of the video gaming. Recently I have heard about the game StarCraft 2. I have also heard that one is need an internet connection to play this particular game. Let me know whether I am right or wrong. Can I play this particular game in offline mode? Let me know the suggestion of yours in this particular situation as early as possible. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: It is required to have an internet connection to play StarCraft 2?

As far as I know StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is multiplayer mode which is needed an active internet connection. However there is an offline mode of the game is available as far as you are having a copy of the StarCraft II has been logged in to the Battle.net within past few weeks. Well I let you know that there are two particular way to play the StarCraft 2 into offline mode. It can be stated as Guest play and Offline play. Well I let you know them about the both the mode as soon as I have got the information regarding them.

I am having little bit information regarding the Guest play mode of this particular game. well you need to click on the Play as Guest button in order to play the game into guest mode. This particular thing would give you access to the three accounts of the local computer so that you will be able to play the game into the single player portion of the game. you will be able to get the campaign, challenge missions and skirmish mode. One important thing should be noted that online progress is enabled only when you have logged in to the Battle.net account.

Another mode you can have is Offline mode in StarCraft 2. If there is no connection is available to the Battle.net. Then this particular game would give an offline mode to play with the character of the StarCraft II. A message box would appear on the screen which would let you know that Battle.net is unable to reach. By choosing the Play Offline mode you will be able to continue the game with the campaign or simply playing the single player skirmishes as well as challenges. Same as Guest play you will not be able to get the achievements and other online functionality in this particular mode Offline mode.

I have tried the thing which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. It simply prompting me that you need to have an account on the blizzard server. I am able to play the game with the single player without an internet connection. But obviously you will not be able to login into the account of yours as you have clicked on the Play as Guest. So if you are looking to play the game into Offline mode you need to login into game as Guest is the only solution for you.

You must have an internet connection when you are looking to have an installation of the game on the computer of yours or you are wanted to play the game into the multiplayer mode. As far as I know you will not need an internet connection if you are looking to play the game into single player mode. So don’t worry if you are not wanted to play the game into multiplayer mode. I am hoping that the information which are provided over here would be useful to you.