Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2011

Starcraft 2 no proper resolution on my system

I have a computer older than 2 years, not for the game, but as a big fan of the series, I could not help but buy Star Crtaft2. With my current setup the game is not completely fluid even in low moving units is ok but the screen scrolling is jerky. My goal is simply to have a game in multiplayer very fluid in medium if possible but if necessary I would play it in low do you think this goal is achievable only by changing the graphics card or is it that we should change the entire configuration.
Old 26-03-2011

Re: Starcraft 2 no proper resolution on my system

• The resolution at which you want to play
  • The power of your PSU
  • The possibility of changing the rest of your computer later (at least the triplet
MB + CPU + RAM), and then retrieve your graphics card to the next machine.
I think your CPU is powerful enough to provide the GPU mode means, or even higher (perhaps not for the elements in ultra heavily dependent on CPU, so the calculation of physics) at the motherboard, if I think this is probably PCI-Express 2.0, so next available bandwidth, it should pose no problem either in your 16x PCIe slot.
Old 26-03-2011

If ever you plan to keep this machine for very many years and play in a rather low resolution, then the HD5750 would be amply sufficient average mode, because I doubt you'll have to play in low mode with a dual core 2Ghz + HD5750, unless you have a really high resolution), if you're thinking by 1 or 2 years to change CPU + MB + RAM, so maybe invest a little more for an HD5770 would be an interesting thing.
Old 26-03-2011

Personally, I have an old Geforce 7600 GT, like the card to 4 years, but SC2 walk nickel. Well, obviously, I play with graphics settings at minimum which means it goes well, but the resolution is correct: 1680x1050. In addition, I am dual screen the other prints the office during the game, but I can play with, SC2 did not necessarily need the latest graphics card to 500 $. I hope that it will definitely help you to solve the problem.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,