Thread: Starcraft 2 and my machine

Starcraft 2 and my machine

It seems interesting here to consolidate the testimony of the visual quality and playability of the game according to the machine used and the selected setting. No one here to play the one with the biggest configuration. The idea is to allow future players to have an idea of the results we can expect on each type of configuration after deciding whether each believes his machine powerful enough to get the record deemed useful by the player. Here are mine settings
    • CPU: Phenom II 955@3.2GHz
    • GPU: HD3300 (128 MB + 512 MB RAM)
    • Installed Memory: 4 GB (3.5 GB available because 512 million are taken by the onboard GPU)

Re: Starcraft 2 and my machine

Once started watching a replay, the meter starts to climb to 600 million, to continue to rise continuously. The ability to rewind the replay means to store in memory all the positions of units full status of the game at every moment, so only 20 minutes into the replay, I'm already in use memory of about 900 MB, for some 2v2 in the final replay for a period of just under 25 minutes, the memory footprint of the game is about 975 MB. What surprises me a bit is that leaving the replay, the memory footprint not return to its previous value, or is even slightly reduced, more and charging another replay and by immediately pause, I directly to 1005 MB so not only did not release memory to make it available to the OS, but it also does not even consider it right to reuse the memory allocated during the first viewing to store information of the second.

Well continuing with the same races and changing the memory card goes up to 1.7, but very slowly. This just over the use of different units that each replays of the map changes. The launch of a replay with the last race memory passed around 1.8.Whatever happens, with all replays I started; I never managed to exceed the 2GB virtual memory process. So basically the game in stock everything in memory without emptying it, but it crashes to 2GB. From there he began releasing parts of memory that does more to put what he needs.

Should we first see if it actually legal to make it available to anyone on site, as did. If you want I can ask the question formally to a person or two from home to have definitively the heart net. Between eventually have the right to download and install it, there are quite a margin by installing it you're supposed to read and agree to abide by the terms of the license. Besides, I think it is very likely that this is not legal, but must see if it is "tolerated" as well as returns of beta testers on the forums.

If you have very little memory and it just turns without having to swap in XP too, it will undoubtedly swapper Vista / 7 at least in theory, if there is not enough RAM for the OS any game background, the swap will be inevitable with serious consequences that we know. The rest should be tested on the same machine with both OS to say what it is in practice. The quality of drivers for each OS can sometimes change the game experience. There could also be a difference in behavior between a 32 and 64 bits. In practice, not too annoying if the machine is sized but hey that has a dual boot the same OS, one of the other 32-bit 64-bit to test it objectively and not based on the same.