Thread: DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 support for crysis 2

DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 support for crysis 2

I heard that the crysis2 will merely have DirectX 9 at launch and the crytek will releas the DirectX 11 support as patch which will be going to release very soon. So what about the DirectX10? Does the game support the DirectX 10? I never seen any post or articles regarding the DX10 support? There are only comparison details on Google and other than this how the game perform on DirectX10, that’s another question?

Re: DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 support for crysis 2

It looks like that Crysis 2 will merely ship by means of a DirectX 9 renderer. Each and every one of the articles talk about that the DirectX 11 support will be put in afterward as a patch, except not anything has been said regarding the DirectX 10 renderer. The game previously seems astonishing within DirectX 9 and I previously preordered the limited version, however it's extremely unsatisfactory that still a DirectX 10 support isn't stated. It occurred in Lost Planet 2, and I expect that it won't occur over again with Crysis 2. I encompass an Asus GeForce 285 GTX and I would like to get benefit of all the aspects of it.

From what I appreciate, DirectX 11 is essentially DirectX 10 optimized. There are a number of extremely slight graphical enhancements, except majority of the developments are with momentum. For instance, STALKER Call of Pripyat has DirectX 11 hold up in addition to DirectX 10. Situating it to DX11 generates the equivalent emergence as DX10, except it is absolutely quicker for me. For now I will go for only DX9 until the Crytek release a patch.

Crysis 2 was believed to support DirectX 11 ahead release according just before what I interpret... I'd tally on it having DirectX10-effects obtainable on free as a minimum, except it'll be the straightforward possessions that Crysis had put in from DirectX 10, additional comprehensive shadowing. That's pretty much all DirectX 10 does in the unique Crysis, except several additional indiscriminate lighting effects. The actual beauty is while DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 aspects are utilized jointly to generate somewhat truthfully unreasonably overwhelming to the extent that graphics as well as visuals goes.

Yes it might not be a game everybody will take pleasure in, except the pure graphical visual superiority of the game is a ideal combination of those profound dark and light-ridden shadows DirectX 10 brought away to play through Tessellation from DirectX 11 on the whole thing from the ground toward the walls. Optimistically everyone's opinion and/or the rumors are incorrect, and the PC edition of Crysis 2 will have DirectX11 obtainable upon release.

If the game runs on the DirectX 9 then it will surely going to run in direct X 10. The previous game also supports the DirectX 9 and DX 10. However the DX11 is far away from the support now but not far that it cannot be obtainable. May be next week we will get the patch regarding this support. However in my opinion the game is well to play in DX9 rather than the DX10. I have compared both I will go for DX9 only.